+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So, we're not going down..

So, we're not going down..

Avoiding another relegation was a must at the start of the season. We've achieved it with 16 games to spare. Good times!
    So, there are 48 points still to play for. Realistically, I think if we can get half of those available points, we'll have done incredibly well. That would give us a total of 74 points. Is that enough for a playoff spot?

2008-2009 no
    2009-2010 no
    2015-2016 one team in play-offs with 74 points one team missed out with 74 points
    Other recent years 74 points was enough.

However, so far this season we average 1.666 points per game
    Our current form is even better than that

Anything could happen but we are in a good position. Long may it continue.

By the end of feb we will have a good idea of our play off credentials. we will have played some top teams by then. if we are still in them or just short we will have a great chance of making em, the good thing now a point at places like Scunny and charlton will mean they are not gaining ground on us,
    Last edited by rolymiller; 04-02-2018 at 08:37 PM.

If we can get at least 7 points from our 4 games in Feb I reckon we will have done well.

March is tough though. 6 games in 4 weeks with 4 of them away.

At least we are looking forward to the end of the season with some hope. What a difference a year makes!

Never thought this would happen

Me neither. I think I had us down to finish 18th in the pre- season prediction thread.

Looks like I was way off and I'm never been more happy to be wrong.

I thought around 10th would have been ok .Now i will be disappointed with that .

I had autos but looking on games we have from now then we will have done excellent if we stay in play offs

Just keep season alive for 16 or 19 games. Not like last season it never started.