+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    poster who went tonight:

"I’ve been tonight and really enjoyed it. Thought McCabe came across brilliantly, can tell he’s a big blade and cares about the club. Also feel a change at the top is imminent, he seemed really annoyed when quizzed on the Sheiks input (or lack of it) and admitted we need financial contribution from somewhere to move to club forward on the pitch. He also alluded to the fact we have became more attractive as a brand due to the way we play and the Chinese connection to both to him and the city when asked if potential investment is likely."
    He is a decent bloke - and that matters quite a bit to me.
    My brother, who lives in Edinburgh, met him at a works do - he told Kev he was a Blade, and Kev promptly hugged him. The next day 2 signed prints of Bramall Lane arrived in his office.

Aya, good example of a decent bloke. Still says better the devil you know when it come to the owner.

I've met him a couple of times. First time he was all smiles and benevolence as I spoke to him about the club. Second time he lied to my face and came out with a load of cobblers because he couldn't answer the question I asked him.

In my experience few people get to the level he's at and manage to remain as 'one of the people'. You have to be tough, duplicitous and make unpopular decisions. Sooner him than me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    In the general spirit of this thread.....................

Cave quid volunt!

Just saying like.
    Tanto citius et melius, Ronnie.

It's the way of the world and , after 15 years or more of the status quo , I don't think that's so unreasonable.

In regard to the 'nice guy' approach well he will be won't he?

He's not going to deliberately hack off his clients, he will have developed some PR skills,an avuncular approach and many will be, to a degree, in awe of meeting the OWNER of their consuming passion. At that superficial level it's relatively easy for him, as is a bit of largesse, a pint or two for the lads, a kind word, a small act of kindness.

It's an image he wants to create, and he's not unique as owner of a local business that relies virtually 100% on local support. He knows that , he encourages that, its in his interest but, don't fool yourslves, it's a superficial facade created for a reason.

He's also a (very good ) businessman and, you can bet your life that, when it comes to the tough decisions, the avuncular, man of the people approach will disappear to be replaced by a hard edged, ruthless approach ( and rightly so).Unfortunately his core business acumen does not transfer to his football dealings.

Having met him a couple of times and corresponded a couple of times yes, he is personable, polite and approachable but, as stated above, that's in his interest and only what you might expect.

I wonder who's the poster most prominent on this King Kev thread? Have a good day BLADES. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I wonder who's the poster most prominent on this King Kev thread? Have a good day BLADES. UTCB
    Keep clapping Rod!

Interesting stuff, but I'm not sure why or what it means for us either...

ive a feeling he could be bailing out

His investment in SUFC has been modest by modern standards and now he is watering any potential further invedtment down even more. I think we are too big a club for him and he is looking to move to a lower cost model. I hope he does bail and we can get more serious investors on board.

well judging by the posts on s2 board quite a few were tipping its bad news for us so that suggests to me that hes on his bike maybe the actual cost of getting to the premier league is too hot for him wonder what 50 per cent of s.u.f.c would cost anybody thats interested ??

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast