+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swansea

Swansea

Looks like it's going to be a nippy one, best pack my thermals.

Will we play our strongest side or a variation of it. Bennett is cup tied but looks like Shola may well be on considering he was subbed yesterday, and Husin and hopefully Steady.

Quote Originally Posted by thelanelady View Post
    Looks like it's going to be a nippy one, best pack my thermals.

Will we play our strongest side or a variation of it. Bennett is cup tied but looks like Shola may well be on considering he was subbed yesterday, and Husin and hopefully Steady.
    In addition to the TV money we’re already guaranteed from the Swansea game, the winner gets £90,000 in prize money and £247,500 TV money from the Round 5 game against Sheffield Wednesday. Plus, a cut of the gate money from both games. I would think that would encourage us to play the strongest side available, especially as the match is on national TV. Shame Bennett is cup-tied.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    In addition to the TV money we’re already guaranteed from the Swansea game, the winner gets £90,000 in prize money and £247,500 TV money from the Round 5 game against Sheffield Wednesday. Plus, a cut of the gate money from both games. I would think that would encourage us to play the strongest side available, especially as the match is on national TV. Shame Bennett is cup-tied.
    Certainly gives us some incentive!!! With all that wad available to the winner, it may well be a closer game than I thought it might be.

Well it won't be for lack of effort!

Hope I'm wrong, but we had our best chance of winning first time

With probably over £400k riding on it, you'd think it meant more to Notts than to a Prem team. Let's hope that gives us an edge anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    With probably over £400k riding on it, you'd think it meant more to Notts than to a Prem team. Let's hope that gives us an edge anyway.
    400k is a drop in the ocean for prem sides. The average monthly salary of many a footballer in that league.
    For a club like Notts I would imagine if would cover 3-4 months of operational costs. Will this filter to the players though?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    400k is a drop in the ocean for prem sides. The average monthly salary of many a footballer in that league.
    For a club like Notts I would imagine if would cover 3-4 months of operational costs. Will this filter to the players though?
    Yeah you're right won't be a incentive to Notts players they won't get anymore money for it .The incentive will be to beat a premiership team .
    Hoping for a 2=1 win

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Yeah you're right won't be a incentive to Notts players they won't get anymore money for it .The incentive will be to beat a premiership team .
    Hoping for a 2=1 win
    They will probably be on decent win bonuses for this game. The bonus bill at Notts is already up to £40,000 per month.

"Each month we're paying out over £40,000 in bonuses to players and management because they are on great win bonuses."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42211677

A win would be fantastic, however I would quite happily sacrifice this for wins at Barnet on saturday and against Carlisle next Tuesday, I'm missing all the 'mind the gap' jokes on twitter with mansfailed fans!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast