+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new boys

The new boys

Got to play them to get them fit. Both looked useful to me. People knock what I say but I could see 5 across the middle with a fit Lavery on his own up front.

Both seem to fit into the "Warne Concept" in that they are young, energetic, skillful and enthusiastic. I also believe that when they are "fit" they will be a great addition to the squad. If Towell is fit for Saturday, I think he will get the shirt, but the nice thing at the moment is that the bench looks quite strong and has proved to be effective in the last few games.

Personally, I don't think that Warne will stack midfield because its not in his nature to try and get a draw. And, why change the shape of a winning system?

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Got to play them to get them fit. Both looked useful to me. People knock what I say but I could see 5 across the middle with a fit Lavery on his own up front.
    You'd drop two players who have scored three goals in the last two games, and play one up front who "isn't up to speed" and who has scored once all season?

Don't you back the "form horse"?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    You'd drop two players who have scored three goals in the last two games, and play one up front who "isn't up to speed" and who has scored once all season?

Don't you back the "form horse"?
    I'm thinking two tough away games this month, 5 across midfield & one up front. Couldn't see Smith or Ball being the loan striker. But is Lavery up to speed? But now Palmer has got in the side like to keep him there. Only way we'll get him match sharp.

I'm thinking two tough away games this month, 5 across midfield & one up front. Couldn't see Smith or Ball being the loan striker. But is Lavery up to speed? But now Palmer has got in the side like to keep him there. Only way we'll get him match sharp.
    Smith and Ball are our players, not on loan. Did you mean "lone striker", as in on his Jacksey, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Smith and Ball are our players, not on loan. Did you mean "lone striker", as in on his Jacksey, maybe?
    Mean on his Jacksey yes. Rodak Emmanuel & Towell are on loan but are in the side on merit. I liked look of Lavery when he came on. Get him match fit an asset.

Mean on his Jacksey yes. Rodak Emmanuel & Towell are on loan but are in the side on merit. I liked look of Lavery when he came on. Get him match fit an asset.
    Lavery wouldn't be in the side on merit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Lavery wouldn't be in the side on merit though.
    Not yet. But only way is to play him. I'm not a massive fan of either Smith or Ball. Both bog standard league 1 players. Good enough for were we are. Lavery has more scope.

Here we go again...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast