+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ineresting Read about NH

Hs2

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Rail house is a also a great place to convert into flats as think it's mostly empty since the Railways were privatised in 1996. I worked on the 8th and 11th floors and great view of the area and could just make out part of the pitch too..I think?

But you are right in saying that because if and when HS2 arrives it will be an ideal place to build homes and flats for commuting to Manchester and Liverpool and elsewhere...or even for those who work here in Crewe like Bentley as I can't get over how much traffic there is on our roads at any time of day and especially morning and tea times.
    Hs2 was discussed in the Commons last week,with Crewe Station area the main topic and the MP for Crewe stood up and nothing was mentioned about the area of Gresty Road or the Football club! but i have always said the main attraction to any Director at Crewe is the ownership of the ground that is where the money is,so that is what keeps them all ticking along just waiting for that selling moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Two directors have recently left the board and there has been no explanation of this from them, the club or local media. We can only guess as to why this is
    Thought it said in the report that James McMillan retired due to ill health?
    Richard Clayton has not been well either, so would suspect that could be the reason for his resignation.

I would like to think that the football league would see this article ,which highlights our plight basically caused by one man's greed.

I find this article magnificent in the way it portrays our current position. I'm not sure just how accurate it is factually but it all sounds very plausible.
    But at the same time I find it gut-wrenching, encapsulated by those closing words - ".... the mish-mash of smoke and mirrors which is destroying 3 decades of hard work"

And Chelsea think *they* have it bad .....!!!!

Look at Blackpool F.C

Quote Originally Posted by As it is View Post
    I would like to think that the football league would see this article ,which highlights our plight basically caused by one man's greed.
    Last week Karl Oyston resigned as Club Chairman and Director at the same time appointing his Daughter from another relationship as a Director,sounds familiar so far? This after another former Director had taken the Oystons to the High Court for using club funds to further there other Businesses. They were found guilty and ordered to pay the former director 10M in summing up the Judge said " Oystons USED THERE MAJORITY POWERS TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE CLUB AND FORMER DIRECTOR"
    I dont know of any other club who would do this?

The point is that there is a scoop waiting to be written but the established media won't touch. This is the state of business law in UK plc. It is too easy to wrap things up in a shell and avoid responsibility by having a variety of companies that technically are independent of each other. Nothing will change until the EFL/FA make a concerted effort to do something about it. Re that: think how long ago Brighton and Doncaster had to put up with similar dealings and when you look at Blackpool -nothing much has changed.
    There is grounds for some kind of public action, which of itself may promote media interest which then may snowball but.... I think in Crewe it is more likely that people will just give up on the club and it will sink without trace.
    Prove me wrong, please!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12