+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ineresting Read about NH

Ineresting Read about NH

What a great piece of work...thank you chalk dust. Pretty depressing scenario all round ,but I hope it helps some of the board's critics understand what a difficult job John bowler has on his hands. In the short -term ,it is hard to see how there can be significant improvement....on or off the field. There are supporters of other clubs that have had to put up with much worse ownership shenanigans than us but it's still messy to say the least.however, It is not being over dramatic to say the clubs future is on the line. If the board has a strategy for survival and then for recovery it would be nice ,not to say courteous if the board would share that with the supporters.

Does not make pretty reading. Hard to see where the total grey areas are. Certainly does not appear that good company policies were the norm. The silence gets even more deafening by the month.

So if I read this right , the value of the club is not in the players and the club name but any land they own ie Gresty Road, the car park and the training ground. It does not matter what league the club end up in as the value of the land will still be the same to the owners who are the Hassall family. If Hassall owns over 50% of the shares and he wants £30 per share who is going to invest in the club at that price

It doesn't say who compiled that report even though it mentions the writer frequenting this forum. Maybe it's best at this time for that person to remain anonymous just in case someone at CAFC takes issue with it. It does give many facts and figures which seem credible and true to most fans though and so don't doubt its accuracy. It has to be said that it is a fantastic piece of research that is easily readable and very well set out and it deserves a great pat on the back and so thank you to ever it was..

It seems Hassle still owes the club over two million pounds. Why isn't that recoverable via his shareholding?

We are losing 1.8 million over the last two seasons alone and that can only be worse with another season without a player sale for any significant money and knowing the academy costs around £760K per year plus any other losses on the footballing side. Players wages etc.

It's interesting that some Directors have made loans to the club and maybe can be repaid from the equity that Hassle has re above? Its also commendable that the writer acknowledges the contributions made by the clubs directors over the years, especially John Bowler.

It doesn't make good reading and wonder if that is affecting the performance of the players on the pitch and indeed the reason why players are not signing extensions? ie a mess off the pitch cannot help on it etc..

As stated even if we just scrape by staying in the league, the problems remain. And if we go down, then its difficult to see us not joining the likes of Stockport and Chester.

I do think its way past the time when Mr Bowler comes out and explains to the fans how he sees the future of the club.

Thanks once again for posting that information.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    So if I read this right , the value of the club is not in the players and the club name but any land they own ie Gresty Road, the car park and the training ground. It does not matter what league the club end up in as the value of the land will still be the same to the owners who are the Hassall family. If Hassall owns over 50% of the shares and he wants £30 per share who is going to invest in the club at that price
    You got it.
    Is it true that the club have to pay to play at the ground to one of these other companies.
    Forget HS2, the ground and car park would make a great place to build flats Just think, you can almost fall out of bed onto Manchester train and commute to work in just over 30 minutes.

I forgot to add my oft criticism of this club in the other Directors allowing Hassle to take money OUT of this club when we needed it to sign some better players that may have stopped the rot and our slide from 8th position in the Championship to almost non league! Yes he was the largest shareholder but if Bowler and Gradi had resigned at the time????

Rail house is a also a great place to convert into flats as think it's mostly empty since the Railways were privatised in 1996. I worked on the 8th and 11th floors and great view of the area and could just make out part of the pitch too..I think?

But you are right in saying that because if and when HS2 arrives it will be an ideal place to build homes and flats for commuting to Manchester and Liverpool and elsewhere...or even for those who work here in Crewe like Bentley as I can't get over how much traffic there is on our roads at any time of day and especially morning and tea times.

NH owns the majority of the shares in the club and thus is the owner, If the other directors want to make a financial decision and from I understand of the rules then NH can call a shares vote on the issue and will always win. Two directors have recently left the board and there has been no explanation of this from them, the club or local media. We can only guess as to why this is but if others were to follow then then club would be in need of some new blood and it might just force the hand of NH to sell at a realist price. I feel that he wants to hold onto control of the club assets ie land and has started to place his son on the board of subsidiary companies associated with the club and to keep control within the family. Fans are starting to vent their anger at the manager but he is trying to do the job with his hands tied behind his back because of financial constraints and a lack of managerial experience. They need to look at the bigger picture, If DA was to go who would replace him. No experienced manager would come as they can see how the club operates now . The academy players have to come into the first team ready or not to keep the wages down. So it again will be an inexperienced manager ie KL who will take the helm over so no change. I'ts time for the fans to voice their concerns but not at the manager but at the man at the top but as he does not attend the games any more how is this to be done then .We can use social media , radio and write to the press but this will have no affect on NH. It needs someone with knowledge of companies law to look at the structure that has been set up to see if there are grounds to go to the authorities with a complaint but as the AGM release few details of the accounts I feel this will not be possible .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    NH owns the majority of the shares in the club and thus is the owner, If the other directors want to make a financial decision and from I understand of the rules then NH can call a shares vote on the issue and will always win. Two directors have recently left the board and there has been no explanation of this from them, the club or local media. We can only guess as to why this is but if others were to follow then then club would be in need of some new blood and it might just force the hand of NH to sell at a realist price. I feel that he wants to hold onto control of the club assets ie land and has started to place his son on the board of subsidiary companies associated with the club and to keep control within the family. Fans are starting to vent their anger at the manager but he is trying to do the job with his hands tied behind his back because of financial constraints and a lack of managerial experience. They need to look at the bigger picture, If DA was to go who would replace him. No experienced manager would come as they can see how the club operates now . The academy players have to come into the first team ready or not to keep the wages down. So it again will be an inexperienced manager ie KL who will take the helm over so no change. I'ts time for the fans to voice their concerns but not at the manager but at the man at the top but as he does not attend the games any more how is this to be done then .We can use social media , radio and write to the press but this will have no affect on NH. It needs someone with knowledge of companies law to look at the structure that has been set up to see if there are grounds to go to the authorities with a complaint but as the AGM release few details of the accounts I feel this will not be possible .
    I think

I think you will find that everything is legal but no way is it moral.
    This is why I backed SD and now DA as manager. There job is equivalent to sending a plumber to fix the central heating with just a screwdriver.
    I think in the last 2 years of his tenure SD had had enough but was not going to resign. The players know what is going on. Why do you think Harry left in such a huff?
    It looks like the main reason why players are not signing contracts because there is no financial input from profits to strengthen the team.
    I feel sorry for John Bowler who I think only remains in an attempt to try to keep the club going.
    A protest against NH would be a good idea but I don't think it will work.

Anyone want to buy a new build flat in Gresty Road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast