+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear oh dear oh dear..the new boss will be....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So we appoint a self confessed Leeds hater with a recent record of 1 win in 16 games.

Now that's what I call 'Ambition'.

F*cking joke.
    Not so different (situation/attitude) to when Evans was appointed, and that didn't turn out so bad? He's here for the season, and as I understand it has assistance from staff he has worked with at Barnsley, so not a lone voice at ER. A short probationary period, f he does well, great, and if not, can he do any worse than what has been happening over the last couple of months?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not so different (situation/attitude) to when Evans was appointed, and that didn't turn out so bad? He's here for the season, and as I understand it has assistance from staff he has worked with at Barnsley, so not a lone voice at ER. A short probationary period, f he does well, great, and if not, can he do any worse than what has been happening over the last couple of months?
    No amount of he's this or he's that or he's got this bloke will make me change my mind about this appointment.

Looks like we are stuck in this division for a good while yet..this appointment just confirms what I have secretly thought for a while.

No feckin ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    No amount of he's this or he's that or he's got this bloke will make me change my mind about this appointment.

Looks like we are stuck in this division for a good while yet..this appointment just confirms what I have secretly thought for a while.

No feckin ambition
    Not disagreeing with the basic point, but (and here I can see people falling down), maybe he might be just what we need, right now?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not disagreeing with the basic point, but (and here I can see people falling down), maybe he might be just what we need, right now?
    Seriously..I just don't know anymore..but I actually feel embarrassed by this appointment.

Well apparently he turned Wendies and Sunderland down, so he must have something that other clubs want, and if he 'hates' us that much he must hate them even more! And like I keep saying, it was pretty clear TC had completely lost his grip so him being in charge was never going to go on much longer, and of the options open to LUFC - in our current state - I don't think we could have expected much more (e.g. as if Marco Silva was ever likely to come to us, and even if he did, his recent record was 1 win in 10.....).

So on the basis I can't see it was ever likely we'd have got much better, and it could have been a hell of a lot worse (Mclaren......), I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt. And I firmly believe that he'll do no worse than TC was likely to have done over the next 16 games.

Rev,

one question for you. If you were a top quaility manager would you come to our club with 16 games to go and really little chance to make the playoffs which is the goal the owner stated in no uncertain terms? can't speak for you but I think not for most of us.

This guys passed up sunderland and forrest so he didn't just take anything.

as we know from first hand experience.... it's hard to win when your owner sells all your top flight talent. we have a whole host of coaches that did OK for the squad they got but it was always overachieving. I think Grayson and Evans were the best at that.

Maybe the change will light a fire under the squad. right now we are playing as bad as anyone in the league. If nothing else maybe it will stop the bleeding. He wouldn't have been my first choice but I not sure we really had many choices with 16 games left and half our team on suspensions and injury. without the change we probabably end up at 50 points. maybe he'll do better. probably can't do worse. The last month of games has been miserable to watch.

just cant see the point in swapping mediocre for, well,...mediocre.

Not disagreeing with that spaldy.

Problem with quality managers is they required a quality salary..its apparent now we can not afford it so we go with cheap options as today's appointment has proved.

So I accept what it is..doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    just cant see the point in swapping mediocre for, well,...mediocre.
    Only at Leeds BB..only at Leeds.

Think this Leeds hating thing is getting out of perspective. He said it as it was from his standpoint as a kid and then as a rival Yorkshire manager. I’m sure Chris Wilder would make similar comments. Good that he has passion.
    He is a hard working and talented young English manager and this will hopefully be his break and the start of something more long term for Leeds Utd. He has been very successful in bringing talent through the ranks and what’s not to like about that?
    Let’s see what happens but I’m not thinking the appointment is anywhere near as bad as some on here. Each to their own opinion of course but some might say he did wonders at Barnsley- all his top players were sold so how does Barnsley of all clubs expect to stay in the Championship.

MOT

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)