+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear oh dear oh dear..the new boss will be....

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimwhite View Post
    as in what the Heck is going on at ER
    Do we then become Hecklers? Probably got a better ring to it than Bottom Lovers

It's all immaterial anyway. Leeds have had 7 managers in 4 years. Hecky will make it 8 because your club has a proven track record in recent years for not giving managers a fair chance. There you have it. Bang goes another promising young English coach

"promising young English coach"
    yeah, his stats at Barnsley are awe inspiring.
    Still, better than a foreign coach that knows what hes doing i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    The club has bought the ground back, has at least 23 million in transfers this season from CT and CW, record gates in well over a decade and still we go for bargain basement coaches. The club blatantly has money so why the appointment of another manager looking to prove himself? Wouldnt it make sense to at least try a proven manager/coach for once and if it doesn't work out so be it.

At the moment i feel fully ripped off by the club as another season seems to slip past.

I believe AR has the right intentions (for which we should be thankful). However, way too naive when it comes to running a football club.
    Trouble is Billy - which experienced big time manager or coach would come to Leeds with 16 games to go, half the squad missing through suspension or injury - and with the remit of getting us back into the play offs.....or else you're out of work again come the summer?
    My opinion is that he is probably the right choice given the circumstances and if he doesn't achieve top six ...or even make a marked improvement then he will have been a low risk gamble and on his way come May.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    "promising young English coach"
    yeah, his stats at Barnsley are awe inspiring.
    Still, better than a foreign coach that knows what hes doing i suppose.
    And who might that (the foreign coach that knows what he's doing) be BB?

academic now

Phil Hay

@PhilHayYEP
    10m
    10 minutes ago

More
    Heckingbottom in for training as planned this morning. Jamie Clapham joining him as assistant. Christiansen met with the players first thing to say his goodbyes. No bad blood there.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Christiansen met with the players first thing to say his goodbyes. No bad blood there.
    If Heckingbottom does well then great, however I feel we pulled the trigger to quickly on TC and if he had got the right backing we would be in the top 2 - selling your 30 goal a season striker without replacing him is always going to undermine a teams efforts.

Without the slightest intent of bashing our new manager even before being confirmed, I wonder, what made Radrizzani & friends think that the perfect candidate to turn our form around and guide us back into the top 6 (possibly even higher?) is none other than Heckingbottom?

pretty much my thoughts Cress, oficial now though, so we might as well give him our backing....

So we appoint a self confessed Leeds hater with a recent record of 1 win in 16 games.

Now that's what I call 'Ambition'.

F*cking joke.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)