+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go to take my hat off to.....

Go to take my hat off to.....

the Notts county chairman, he let everyone in to the match on sat for TWO QUID,and it paid off with a 17,000 crowd and a 4-1 win. Thats a League 2 club, so to all Premier chairmen with your billions of tv money lower your gate prices and let the working men in. The stadiums are nothing without the fans.

Great jesture for the fans from the ivory tower brigade.

Shame it only happens when the gates are dwindling.

Lincoln had a near sell out for our visit and their fans are uber enthusiastic too ..

Notts gates aren't dwindling, we have the third largest attendance's of League Two,it was a gesture by the owner to celebrate being in charge for a year

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    Notts gates aren't dwindling, we have the third largest attendance's of League Two,it was a gesture by the owner to celebrate being in charge for a year
    If 7,000 average isn't dwindling at Notts County then I stand corrected. But from this chart it seems to me most gates are dwindling apart from Lincoln who are fired up due to their rise back to the FL.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...o-2017-2018/1/

Looks like Notts County's gates are on the up. Fair play to one of England's Oldest Football Clubs
    4.8k 15/16
    5.9k 16/17
    7.6k 17/18

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    If 7,000 average isn't dwindling at Notts County then I stand corrected. But from this chart it seems to me most gates are dwindling apart from Lincoln who are fired up due to their rise back to the FL.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...o-2017-2018/1/
    Even your 'league' says that we have the third largest attendance's this season,like davee has pointed out we have improved the last three seasons running,I would say that 4-5000 was a good average over the past ten years

There were 15,550 at the Notts County v Spurs game in League Division One back in 1981 on my only visit to Meadow Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    Even your 'league' says that we have the third largest attendance's this season,like davee has pointed out we have improved the last three seasons running,I would say that 4-5000 was a good average over the past ten years
    I'll 8 my words then if that pleases you. But I still think 7k is poor but agree is on the up a bit. But I 8 to say that for a once biggish club like County 7k is poor.

Consider my words 8 and I bid you well but who 8 all the Pies?

The trouble with our attendance's is that we have a noisy neighbour just across the river who get 20,000+ and they ain't gonna come over to watch us the weeks that Forest are away much the same as I don't go to watch them when Notts are away,that's the trouble when there's two clubs in the same city just across the road from each other

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    There were 15,550 at the Notts County v Spurs game in League Division One back in 1981 on my only visit to Meadow Lane.
    Notts will never see those days again in the top flight in my lifetime but at least I did get witness such great times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast