+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How long before Barnsley come sniffing for a fitness coach?

How long before Barnsley come sniffing for a fitness coach?

Said in jest but if the stories about Heckingbottom going to Leeds is true then it wouldn't surprise me. After all they don't have a lot of imagination when it comes to other recruitment.

I can't see it Donald. Warne is a different beast to the almighty Robins. It would be upsetting for Mr Stewart mithinks if it was to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    Said in jest but if the stories about Heckingbottom going to Leeds is true then it wouldn't surprise me. After all they don't have a lot of imagination when it comes to other recruitment.
    " Dont have a lot of imagination when it comes to other recruitment "

Really !!!

We haven't signed a player from you guys for years , in fact I'm struggling to think of one .

However , the job your manager's done this season on a small budget and resurrecting the club after last season's debacle won't have gone unnoticed over here .

He fits our profile , cheap , accustomed to spending nowt and expected to perform miracles .

Not out of the question by a long way if he could be encouraged to leave the club he genuinely loves .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Really !!!

We haven't signed a player from you guys for years , in fact I'm struggling to think of one .

However , the job your manager's done this season on a small budget and resurrecting the club after last season's debacle won't have gone unnoticed over here .

He fits our profile , cheap , accustomed to spending nowt and expected to perform miracles .

Not out of the question by a long way if he could be encouraged to leave the club he genuinely loves .
    Laughable.

You should go for Gareth Ainsworth,Animal,when Hecky leaves for Leeds,as now seems certain according to rumours and betting.

Disagree about the Robins thing it's very similar to how we are now we were flying high and we'd got rid of that -17 thing round about that time, he was doing a fine job like Warne is now thing with Warne is I think he'll remember how Stewart put him in an impossible position in the first instance he publicly stated he didn't want the job but has grown in to it, Warne makes all the right noises about being a Rotherham lad etc but if a bigger club comes calling or in Barnsleys case one with a bit more financial clout and arguably a bit more security he'll give it some thought

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Really !!!

Cant argue with any of that Animal. Plus he knows how to get the best out of Keifer! Of course Hecky has to want to go to a place where managers last a little longer than snowballs in Hell although , yes, money talks. And then there is the hometown link.

All conjecture I know, but I would like to think that Warney feels he still has a job to do and, there's always a chance of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    You should go for Gareth Ainsworth,Animal,when Hecky leaves for Leeds,as now seems certain according to rumours and betting.
    Signed a new contract last week but with a release clause inserted in it .

Leeds journalists saying the deal could be done tonight .

Can't blame Hecky if he goes to be honest , things haven't been right between him and several high profile figures for quite a while , despite the change of ownership two of the mentioned figures remain at the club and are now directors .

Expecting him to go to be honest .

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Cant argue with any of that Animal. Plus he knows how to get the best out of Keifer! Of course Hecky has to want to go to a place where managers last a little longer than snowballs in Hell although , yes, money talks. And then there is the hometown link.

All conjecture I know, but I would like to think that Warney feels he still has a job to do and, there's always a chance of the playoffs.

Looking how our club is structured , the policy it endorses and the fact that Paul Warne doesn't need to uproot his family does bring him into the equation .

He's exactly what we'd be interested in , personally I wouldn't be too disappointed either looking at his progress with you guys , certainly beats some foreign coach from god knows where .

Not be easy getting Paul if that's what they decide to do , think he'd turn us down personally looking at the league table .

What's Paul Warne done?

You say a small budget I bet he easily has a top 6 budget for this league.

Last season he couldn't win a raffle never mind a game of football.

If pail Warne gets us in the championship I would have scepticism about him been our manager

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast