+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ....a blast from the past...

....a blast from the past...

Attachment 8478 ...who posts on here was stood on the open end???

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Attachment 8478 ...who posts on here was stood on the open end???
    I was, together with about 15,000 others. 'What shall we do with Nobby Sti-iles? What shall we do with Nobby Stiles? ......'

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    I was, together with about 15,000 others. 'What shall we do with Nobby Sti-iles? What shall we do with Nobby Stiles? ......'
    Dont remember much about away game wer awny 14, can remember Queing in boys turnstile some Rotherham lads in front of us were havin-a-fag and coppers told em "if yer owd inuf t smoke gerrin adults Q" LOL.

What year was this ?

Love these kind of threads and people's recollections of them .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What year was this ?

Love these kind of threads and people's recollections of them .
    1965 animal, F.A Cup 4th round, only 8yrs after Munich air disaster WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    1965 animal, F.A Cup 4th round, only 8yrs after Munich air disaster WOW
    I think we played em two years before at Oakwell , an early game for a certain George Best I believe .

38k inside Oakwel that day , lost 3-0 , Charlton amongst the scorers .

Busby just starting to rebuild the team after Munich as you say Archie .

Very sad tragedy and 60 years ago this week , Mark Jones and Tommy Taylor both Barnsley lads killed that day .

They say Duncan Edwards was an unbelievable talent .

We lost replay at Millmoor 0-1 aet 2500+ crammed in, we had 2 goals disallowed that night, one was supposedly cleared off the line by Nobby Stiles, ball was that far over line Stiles ended up tangled up in back of net, think he bought a Toffee Crisp off young lad passing by with tray (anybody remember lads wi trays that walked round pitch during games) Did they av em at oakwell animal?

We lost replay at Millmoor 0-1 aet 2500+ crammed in, we had 2 goals disallowed that night, one was supposedly cleared off the line by Nobby Stiles, ball was that far over line Stiles ended up tangled up in back of net, think he bought a Toffee Crisp off young lad passing by with tray (anybody remember lads wi trays that walked round pitch during games) Did they av em at oakwell animal?

Aye we did , pop , crisps and of course wagon wheels , the sellers all wore white coats , handed that one on a plate for thi archie :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye we did , pop , crisps and of course wagon wheels , the sellers all wore white coats , handed that one on a plate for thi archie :-) :-)
    White cooats animal, that wor posh.

White cooats animal, that wor posh.
    Golden Goal ticket sellers were young dolly birds ( is that allowed these days )

White jackets , golden sash , short white skirts and knee length white boots .

They seem to do a roaring trade for some reason given you'd next to no chance of pulling the ticket with the correct minute and second of the first goal .

£10 I think was the winnings , can't remember my old man winning anyroad and he bought one every week for years .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast