+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team/Tactics for Sunday v Aberdeen

Team/Tactics for Sunday v Aberdeen

No one giving us a hope in hell but with a bit of luck can perhaps get them back to Tannadice for replay.
    Have to sit in, tight at back and hopefully hit on counter. Lewis has to be dropped, not the only underperformer but Mehmet deserves a start. Likewise McDonald on the bench, gives us options on the bench if needed.

Mehmet
    Robson
    Durnan
    Scobbie
    Murdoch
    Flood
    Gillespie
    King
    Stanton
    Lyng
    Mikkelsen

Well we are going there with most thinking that Aberdeen will win. So nothing to lose by going at them.
    Aberdeen should be too strong but football has a funny way of upsetting things. A draw would be a good result but it would only add to our fixture jam.

GMS will run riot as we continually deploy a midfielder at right-back. We deserve to get the piss taken out of us as both the present and previous manager has not sorted this crucial position out by getting a proper right-back. Defensive midfielders, tell me when have we won games with them and when we have lost games has it been narrow losses? The lone striker who is isolated all the time. Wingers that cannae cross the ball. Therein lies the majority of the problems with United on the field. The fans are sick of this but the following week we get the same, repeated for near three years now.

Phuck buying season tickets and getting this boring repetitive shoite to watch all the time. Mibbee then it will make them setup to actually win a game, however I doubt it very much.

It will be weird going into a game against what I consider our main footballing rivals for the first time ever thinking we had no chance in hell, McInnes will have them up for it like it's a final and their fans will be desperate to beat us as always, however the worst that can happen is we get thumped as expected, looking forward it actually and to the day out, first visit to Pittodrie in a couple years

Mon United!

The chances of beating them over one game is probably nil, the chances of beating them over two games is still nil. If Aberdeen self destruct and we got a replay it's probably the last thing we need (except the cash it would bring)
    The best we can hope for is no embarrassment then lets move on.

Can you tell I'm a wee bit down with it all

I'd put my best 11 on a decent one off bonus and see if that makes any difference.

whatever the best 11 is ffs

If we take a joiner with a load of 8x4 boarding and a large bag of nails, we might stand a bit of a chance?

If we sign Franz Beckenbauer and Franco Baresi, get Cristiano Ronaldo up front to partner Messi, and get Davie Narey back from injury, park a series of buses, bribe the referee, and poison their pre-match meal, we might keep it down to 5

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If we sign Franz Beckenbauer and Franco Baresi, get Cristiano Ronaldo up front to partner Messi, and get Davie Narey back from injury, park a series of buses, bribe the referee, and poison their pre-match meal, we might keep it down to 5
    Throw Heggie into the mix and I reckon 5 would be about right?

No parking the bus, positive play and attitude, have a go and don't slump the shoulders and collapse when we're up against it.
    I don't think that's ever too much to ask of a United team.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)