+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Team/Tactics for Sunday v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    but no way in a year of sundays is that a mid premiership team even on 45 mins
    Taking into full account that that was the second best team in the country, at home, who are only eight points off the top, then second half I don't think we did any worse than a St Johnstone or dare I say it a Funsters outfit. They've handed out quite a few gubbings up there, so yeah, I do stand by that, but strictly on the second half only. First half demonstrated precisely every single tragic failing that we have and which if not knocked on the head pronto, then the slide will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I actually thought Flood was our best player. ��
    That’s a wind up....the lads finished.....should be retired for his own good, so far off the pace and the game it was embarrassing, a poor, poor, player now.

He’s the biggest problem in our midfield, assuming he’s even in close to being in the midfield he’s so badly out of position most of the time.

Has to be removed for benefit of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Did we watch the same game? I thought he was actually playing for them at one point!

Pass marks today for Gillespie, Stanton and McMullen, then after them King did ok but when are managers gonna realize that if you loose a defender, you dont have to move the one who has done ok this season. Felt for Durnan today as he in no way is a left sided defender. Should have kept him on the right side and allowed him to do what he has done all season and cover the gaps left by others!

And if we have made any money from this, we should use it to either drop Lewis or let him go back home. Yes he did have some fine saves, but he was at fault for at least 3 of their goals.
    Surely enough money today for Harry’s train fare home, or plane or taxi or whatever makes sure he goes.

The menace deserves his chance soon before he realises he must be worse keeper to never get a sniff of a Game.

im never going to celebrate a 4-2 defeat but that wasnt as bad as many were expecting. 1st half yes we were very poor and shot ourselves in the foot alot and didnt look like doing anything going forward but there was a few signs in the 2nd half that were positive. some decent performances and looked abit more solid (although sheep looked like they had dropped a few gears after the 4th)

lewis i think could have prevented all 4 goals imo. (not that he was the only one to blame for the goals)

1st- a lucky assist from gms falls into the path of a onrushing rooney but i think lewis could have got his feet moving quickier he could surely get punch on it? plus hes a big lad he could easily use his physical presence to plow players out the way but didnt.
    2nd- slater gives the ball away poorly but lewis almost dives out the way of gms shot. he gave gms more of the goal to hit rather than closing the angle.
    3rd- poor from murdoch then flood but again i think he needs to work his feet quicker. its a good header but wasnt that powerful. might be harsh but id expect a top quality keeper to get that.
    4th- he stands still it hits off him and saves it but instead dives out the way of it again. the shot is right at him aswell.

i thought gilliespie looks decent at least looked like a natural RB.
    durnan looked uncomfortable on the left and struggled v rooney physically.
    murdoch never a CB.
    robson lightweight
    flood- worked hard but poor on the ball
    slater- lightweight but pitch didnt seem to help him
    stanton- our best player today imo. energetic and worked hard
    king -nothing 1st half but looked better 2nd once he found out he was able to run at defenders
    smith- worked hard defensively but nothing going forward
    lyng- didnt look like a striker. good assist for stanton

mcmullan- caused a few problems took his goal well
    mcdonald- wasnt on long enough
    big tam - ^^^^^

positives there but still needs to be better!

today showed to an extent that we do have some decent players, they’ve just not performed for most of the season. I was starting to think they were just pish. Of course a lot of them are pish (flood, murdoch, lewis, lyng, mikkelsen), but if the manager can find a way to get king, stanton, gillespie, mcmullan, durnan and arguably mcdonald all playing together in a system that suits them, then we should start winning games. there’s no excuse for losing to the likes morton and falkirk.

Agree with a lot of points, however the main problem with our midfield is we miss Fyvie and creatively Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Agree with a lot of points, however the main problem with our midfield is we miss Fyvie and creatively Fraser
    Yes but the main problems today we're The keeper Flood Lyng Slater and Murdoch

Would not be unhappy to see all of these out of next week's team and ideally squad if possible.

still too early to judge lyng and slater imo.

lyng does look great tbh but slater looks like he can be a player if he gets confidence and help around him.

lewis doesnt look as good as he did a few months ago were he was fairly solid.
    flood's legs are gone and should only be used when we have no other options rather than a starter
    i dont mind murdoch but he is very injury prone and doesnt really excel in any position. hes ok as a CM hes ok as a RB. not a CB

Gillespie looked decent for me and i think there is a player in Slater but thon Lyng is fkn honking.

lyng doesnt do enough for me reminds me of when big tam first came in last year. seems to do nothing.

i liked mcmullan up top when he came on. abit of pace and runs in behind their defence at least moved them about abit and gave us an outlet.

ive came to the realization that we play better when we have mcdonald or mcmullan up top as we cant punt it long and are forced to play by keeping the ball on the deck. once mikkelson or lyng is up top we seem to just launch it up them and hope for the best

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)