+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - What course of action for DDD?

OT - What course of action for DDD?

So let's tackle the elephant in the room.

Here's 1 side of the matter.

a. Myself and some others are guilty of winding him up.

b. He is guilty of trolling and disrupting threads.

c. He's resorted to personal attacks

d. We've responded by attacking him in return.

Proposals thus far:

1. We should stop responding.

2. We should ignore him.

I am ok with both, however it must be a forum wide effort.
    He should be ignored altogether. Not a single reply to any post or thread he makes or creates.
    Even if it's a proper topic. Ignore and create 1 of our own.

Alternative proposal by me:

DDD if you're reading this, then I suggest you reply thus.

1. What do you want from us?

2. Will you apologise for past behaviour and refrain from doing repeating past actions? In other words, a clean slate.

3. Learn to accept that if a person disagrees with your theories, there's no need to slate them or rubbish their opinion.

4. Your opinions (especially from articles you pilfer) if refuted by facts, is acceptable. You're free to remain unconvinced but must accept the other person's right to call it out as unproven or wrong. You're are also free to contest opinions of others with facts (not some unproven journalistic theory).

For this to work, it has to be give and take on both sides. We gotta allow DDD to post, irrespective of how unpalatable it may be. And DDD has to stop making accusations and slating everyone who disagrees.
    Ignore the past, whatever has happened. Even if you felt aggrieved, let it all slide and we start anew?

This is a reasonable request and we can all move on.

NB: If it's rejected then I suggest the 2 earlier proposals. Total ignore follow by reporting with a view to a ban.
    But personally I prefer the latter option. Let's just drop the past and start anew.

Can it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    So let's tackle the elephant in the room.

Here's 1 side of the matter.

a. Myself and some others are guilty of winding him up.

b. He is guilty of trolling and disrupting threads.

c. He's resorted to personal attacks

d. We've responded by attacking him in return.

Proposals thus far:

1. We should stop responding.

2. We should ignore him.

I am ok with both, however it must be a forum wide effort.
    He should be ignored altogether. Not a single reply to any post or thread he makes or creates.
    Even if it's a proper topic. Ignore and create 1 of our own.

Alternative proposal by me:

DDD if you're reading this, then I suggest you reply thus.

1. What do you want from us?

2. Will you apologise for past behaviour and refrain from doing repeating past actions? In other words, a clean slate.

3. Learn to accept that if a person disagrees with your theories, there's no need to slate them or rubbish their opinion.

4. Your opinions (especially from articles you pilfer) if refuted by facts, is acceptable. You're free to remain unconvinced but must accept the other person's right to call it out as unproven or wrong. You're are also free to contest opinions of others with facts (not some unproven journalistic theory).

For this to work, it has to be give and take on both sides. We gotta allow DDD to post, irrespective of how unpalatable it may be. And DDD has to stop making accusations and slating everyone who disagrees.
    Ignore the past, whatever has happened. Even if you felt aggrieved, let it all slide and we start anew?

This is a reasonable request and we can all move on.

NB: If it's rejected then I suggest the 2 earlier proposals. Total ignore follow by reporting with a view to a ban.
    But personally I prefer the latter option. Let's just drop the past and start anew.

Can it work?
    Guilty of trolling and ruining threads umm... think you find out that you are talking about yourself Romanis.

Pretty much all about yourself nice profile.

Well it's up to you. I'm not the 1 facing a ban. There's such a thing in the rules as 'persistently disrupting threads and insulting users.'
    The difference being I can only be accused of responding to your posts in kind. You however are disrupting everybody else's and insulting everybody.'
    Whether you think it unfair or whether 'everybody's ganging up on you,' is besides the point. You're the one deemed the nuisance, it's up to you change and be part of the team, not everyone having to accommodate to the rubbish you regularly spout.

Think it over. I'm sure everybody will be prepared to forget the past and let you post. But you have to also play ball and promise to be less offensive.
    Change your mindset and stop acting as if only you are correct.
    If you don't take this offer, then be prepared for the inevitable.

I'm prepared to let bygones be bygones but you must make the first move. Then we can work together as a team, you playing your part just as we will.
    And no this is no threat, it's just a culmination of discussions other users have been saying for some time. Something has to give to break this impasse. I'm letting you have a way back. If you don't want it, then it's fine. Others will have their say and do what they have to.

I thought perhaps by some miracle you'd see sense. But thus far today, you've dived straight back in and arguing with everyone who points out the illogical way you respond.
    So thus to facilitate your removal, I'll refrain from responding to you from now on and will await the time you're removed for disruption.
    Have your fun kid, while you're still here.
    Oh I know you can't help it, you'll have to reply, so go ahead.
    Ta!

I thought perhaps by some miracle you'd see sense. But thus far today, you've dived straight back in and arguing with everyone who points out the illogical way you respond.
    So thus to facilitate your removal, I'll refrain from responding to you from now on and will await the time you're removed for disruption.
    Ta!
    The biggest joke of them all utter pathetic, you really are the biggest **** around.

Ta!
    I start a new topic which is on a sensible scale and you respond with something so pathetic and you carry on writing even more pathetic stuff exactly like this and you are the real joker of this forum so on that basis Romanis, Yh! you are the biggest ****ing **** around.

To be fair romanis people have got used to the fact that as soon as Ddd posts certain members are straight on him as in 'disciplinary changes' post and sometimes he does post an interesting topic and explain as in ' heckingbottom ' post. Only me but I find it more interesting than 3000 posts in brexit on a footy board

Quote Originally Posted by Salopian0 View Post
    To be fair romanis people have got used to the fact that as soon as Ddd posts certain members are straight on him as in 'disciplinary changes' post and sometimes he does post an interesting topic and explain as in ' heckingbottom ' post. Only me but I find it more interesting than 3000 posts in brexit on a footy board
    Fully agree, therefore we've decided to take MA's advise and totally ignore him, no matter what. Yes, we also fed the troll, although I did have loads of fun 'trolling the troll.' But for it to stop, and allow other members like you to post peaceably, we have to totally ignore him. Even if he posts something uncontroversial, because eventually he'll say something dumb in some replies and when pointed out, it all goes off.
    So let him talk to himself. Until he's prepared to stop all needless regurgitation of news and stop insulting everyone who disagrees with him, he's a no go for us.
    It would be great if you could join the effort.
    It has to be a forum wide effort. If this fails then we'll be back to where we are now.

NB: In fact he's already tried to bait a few of us with some recent replies, which are currently being ignored as non-existent. So far so good.

Fully agree, therefore we've decided to take MA's advise and totally ignore him, no matter what. Yes, we also fed the troll, although I did have loads of fun 'trolling the troll.' But for it to stop, and allow other members like you to post peaceably, we have to totally ignore him. Even if he posts something uncontroversial, because eventually he'll say something dumb in some replies and when pointed out, it all goes off.
    So let him talk to himself. Until he's prepared to stop all needless regurgitation of news and stop insulting everyone who disagrees with him, he's a no go for us.
    It would be great if you could join the effort.
    It has to be a forum wide effort. If this fails then we'll be back to where we are now.

NB: In fact he's already tried to bait a few of us with some recent replies, which are currently being ignored as non-existent. So far so good.
    All your comments that you have posted are not even disagreeable or agreeable comments so this is pure laughable really.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)