+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - What course of action for DDD?

Personally I don't agree with any of the above, I can only offer my approach:

1. Respond to anything half sensible where I have a view

2. Ignore twaddle or anything where I don't have a view

3. Occasionally take the p*** where a clear lol has been written

4. Where he insults me I'll respond in kind up to a point but there's no point pushing it IMO

WHICH actually means I don't treat him any different to anyone else, albeit about 95% falls into 2. which can be draining to read

BUT, I also think this

5. He's actually harmless for the most part (yes there are exceptions where he's well and truly taken a sh*t with his pants on and been vilified for it)
    6. Some posters are straight on his case when they could follow 2. above, it actually shows those posters in a worse light than DDD
    7. The collective response looks like bullying to me. And nothing more depressing as a forum member than when such actions have a real life impact, I've been there
    8. Before I have a pop, I always think 'when was the last time I too posted a load of old b*****ks either here or elsewhere on social media'? Usually quite recently, might be worth folk having a personal ponder on that one.

Andy, he posted two things that just don't make sense. I asked him what he actually meant. The old chestnut of trolling and trashing posts was thrown at me...... there is no way you can ask him/her/it a reasonable and sensible question without him/her/it going on the attack.

I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Andy, he posted two things that just don't make sense. I asked him what he actually meant. The old chestnut of trolling and trashing posts was thrown at me...... there is no way you can ask him/her/it a reasonable and sensible question without him/her/it going on the attack.

I'm done.
    First, sorry for not replying to your pm, mobile phone and drummers fingers prevented it

Second, and maybe its just me, but when the trash talking starts would be the time when I just cut the conversation dead and moved on

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Personally I don't agree with any of the above, I can only offer my approach:

1. Respond to anything half sensible where I have a view

2. Ignore twaddle or anything where I don't have a view

3. Occasionally take the p*** where a clear lol has been written

4. Where he insults me I'll respond in kind up to a point but there's no point pushing it IMO

WHICH actually means I don't treat him any different to anyone else, albeit about 95% falls into 2. which can be draining to read

BUT, I also think this

5. He's actually harmless for the most part (yes there are exceptions where he's well and truly taken a sh*t with his pants on and been vilified for it)
    6. Some posters are straight on his case when they could follow 2. above, it actually shows those posters in a worse light than DDD
    7. The collective response looks like bullying to me. And nothing more depressing as a forum member than when such actions have a real life impact, I've been there
    8. Before I have a pop, I always think 'when was the last time I too posted a load of old b*****ks either here or elsewhere on social media'? Usually quite recently, might be worth folk having a personal ponder on that one.
    Nobody's forcing your hand, but it would be nice to register our disapproval in unison. I don't consider it bullying. Bullying is where you do for the thrill of it. This is done to force a change and in effect we also change by no longer baiting or trolling as we tend to do now. Put it this way, at the UN, a vast majority of nations voted to condemn North Korea and impose sanctions, is that bullying or trying to register disgust and stating such actions are not tolerated. This is what is proposed here.

And secondly, if no change is seen despite all this, we would not be seen to purposely picking on him, since we no longer have interactions. Thus if he continues to slate others and disrupt threads or even plagiarise as before, Bloomer and maybe the other Mod, will be able to take appropriate action which they cannot do now because we're also inflaming the fire with our 'arguments, baits and mockery.'

Thus by taking a backseat, we place the ball entirely in his court. We do nothing but observe and report if need be. If he changes, well and good, if not, too bad, up to him, really.

Ive seen enough of his bollox and so will withdraw from interaction with the moron, and indeed the board, until he goes. I dont have time nor inclination to waste my remaining life on a fool. The baby goes with the bathwater sadly.

Retreated to popside, see ya. Hope you enjoy ruining other peoples' pleasure with your idiotic juvenile wannabe input DDD.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Ive seen enough of his bollox and so will withdraw from interaction with the moron, and indeed the board, until he goes. I dont have time nor inclination to waste my remaining life on a fool. The baby goes with the bathwater sadly.

Retreated to popside, see ya. Hope you enjoy ruining other peoples' pleasure with your idiotic juvenile wannabe input DDD.
    Don’t be daft Rog...just interact with those you want to and ignore those you don’t.
    Never let the you know whats grind you down to their level.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;38791198]Andy, he posted two things that just don't make sense. I asked him what he actually meant. The old chestnut of trolling and trashing posts was thrown at me...... there is no way you can ask him/her/it a reasonable and sensible question without him/her/it going on the attack.

You can’t make a sense of anything that’s why you always respond in a unlawfully manner.

“Ruining other people’s pleasure” Yh! you know how to get enough of that in ruining my posts after I just want to talk about football and you just want to talk trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Nobody's forcing your hand, but it would be nice to register our disapproval in unison. I don't consider it bullying. Bullying is where you do for the thrill of it. This is done to force a change and in effect we also change by no longer baiting or trolling as we tend to do now. Put it this way, at the UN, a vast majority of nations voted to condemn North Korea and impose sanctions, is that bullying or trying to register disgust and stating such actions are not tolerated. This is what is proposed here.

And secondly, if no change is seen despite all this, we would not be seen to purposely picking on him, since we no longer have interactions. Thus if he continues to slate others and disrupt threads or even plagiarise as before, Bloomer and maybe the other Mod, will be able to take appropriate action which they cannot do now because we're also inflaming the fire with our 'arguments, baits and mockery.'

Thus by taking a backseat, we place the ball entirely in his court. We do nothing but observe and report if need be. If he changes, well and good, if not, too bad, up to him, really.
    Still trying his dam hardest by throwing out **** and looking for a fight as always and wants to get me banned off this forum for doing **** all but discussing football but becomes hard when posters like you, are stopping me commenting on posting actual football material as you are always looking for a fight and though the mods will come calling to your aid seeing as this forum is absolutely biased, if you get me banned so be it you just keep proving my point time and time again.

Have to say I agree with this. Every topic is ruined by DDD. We should not have to scroll past his numerous moronic posts. I've gone over to the dark side, where it is very easy to block idiots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)