+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - What course of action for DDD?

Andy, wasn't it in Twelfth Night that put it, 'that a clown needs an audience. Without one he fails?'
    I can appreciate your candour and sense of fairness, but by interacting, in a way you're condoning his actions indirectly because, he will have an audience - you.
    I mean just take a look at some the things he's posted in the past few hours, does it make sense, is it justifiable, are the allegations he makes fair and provable?
    As I said at the start, I'm sure all of us are prepared to let bygones be bygones, however it has to be both ways. He simply refuses to be reasonable. And even the less serious manner - his recent threads over the past few days, pointless threads parroting the obvious and unable hold any argument together justifying them. 1 or 2 every few days is ok, but just plain old cut and paste from what reporters are posting on news sites, with sometimes 5 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Andy, wasn't it in Twelfth Night that put it, 'that a clown needs an audience. Without one he fails?'
    I can appreciate your candour and sense of fairness, but by interacting, in a way you're condoning his actions indirectly because, he will have an audience - you.
    I mean just take a look at some the things he's posted in the past few hours, does it make sense, is it justifiable, are the allegations he makes fair and provable?
    As I said at the start, I'm sure all of us are prepared to let bygones be bygones, however it has to be both ways. He simply refuses to be reasonable. And even the less serious manner - his recent threads over the past few days, pointless threads parroting the obvious and unable hold any argument together justifying them. 1 or 2 every few days is ok, but just plain old cut and paste from what reporters are posting on news sites, with sometimes 5 a day.
    That’s where you are wrong..... I don’t need an audience, I prefer my own company less drama that way.

Afraid this all goes to show the need for active moderation.
    We’ve all been on this road to forum ruin before and we all know what/who the common denominator is.
    The reaction of one or two others hasn’t helped imo, but let’s face it...this forum has been a decent place to be for a while. Decent exchanges about music, politics, football and, of course, the club we all have in common.
    Now that’s all changed...again...for the second time in less than twelve months...so where’s Bloomer to sort it out and if he hasn’t got time (understandably) let’s do a complete full circle and have an additional mod who is prepared to step in and challenge unacceptable behaviour/contributions...whatever the source.
    Andy seemed a popular - and willing - suggestion last time...nothing I’ve seen since has changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Afraid this all goes to show the need for active moderation.
    We’ve all been on this road to forum ruin before and we all know what/who the common denominator is.
    The reaction of one or two others hasn’t helped imo, but let’s face it...this forum has been a decent place to be for a while. Decent exchanges about music, politics, football and, of course, the club we all have in common.
    Now that’s all changed...again...for the second time in less than twelve months...so where’s Bloomer to sort it out and if he hasn’t got time (understandably) let’s do a complete full circle and have an additional mod who is prepared to step in and challenge unacceptable behaviour/contributions...whatever the source.
    Andy seemed a popular - and willing - suggestion last time...nothing I’ve seen since has changed my mind.
    To be fair from I've been told (even you perhaps), Bloomer is well aware but cannot just yet act because some of us, myself included joined in the fracas.
    That's why the call is made for a forum wide ignore, leaving only his outbursts left as the disruption. Thus enabling Bloomer to act if it's justified.
    If we can hold on for a week, I think sufficient time and reports can be put forward for the necessary action.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    Have to say I agree with this. Every topic is ruined by DDD. We should not have to scroll past his numerous moronic posts. I've gone over to the dark side, where it is very easy to block idiots.
    Me too, happy to leave DDD to start fights with his own shadow.

“let’s face it...this forum has been a decent place to be for a while.”

Because you had nobody to ruin threads on and now I return, you go back to your normal routes typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    To be fair from I've been told (even you perhaps), Bloomer is well aware but cannot just yet act because some of us, myself included joined in the fracas.
    That's why the call is made for a forum wide ignore, leaving only his outbursts left as the disruption. Thus enabling Bloomer to act if it's justified.
    If we can hold on for a week, I think sufficient time and reports can be put forward for the necessary action.
    I’m not sufficiently ITK to have been able to ‘tell’ you that Rom. I think it was just advice, much the same as has come from Baalocks and MA.
    I’ve been ignoring you know who since Sunday’s fiasco and will continue to do so now whatever the future holds for this forum.
    At best it has become an opportunity for a dozen or so people of differing opinions to discuss all sorts of things via a common interest in Derby County.
    There aren’t enough folk anymore, for whatever reason, but personally I’ve enjoyed the banter, debate, exchanges and reminiscences and I value many of the regulars on here regardless of whether we always agree.
    Since late October/early November there has been no need for ‘policing’ of any kind but now there suddenly is.
    I respect Bloomer and understand that he can’t always be around to enforce the rules. Having said that, when I first joined there were four active mods. Even a year or so ago there were still four, albeit including one who was generally discredited and two who appeared to have lost interest.
    Now there would seem to be only Bloomer. It isn’t his fault that the forum has fallen into such a pitiful state over the last week or so but the lack of appropriate moderation is a major factor...change is needed...more ‘Bobbies (or Andies perhaps) on the beat’ so to speak would, imo, restore the forum to something approaching its former ‘glory’. At present there is just a deafening silence and the sad sound of footsteps leaving.

What a shame. I thought this forum was rallying and getting better the last few months
    Myself. I have the said problem on ignore
    Difficult situation because I fully believe you maybe dealing with a minor.
    I chip in now and again, not very often, so my thoughts don't count for much, anyway keep posting guys. I do enjoy reading even if I don't respond.

"The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
    AdiSalisbury,
    Andy_Faber,
    eddy779h34,
    ramAnag,
    Rob_the_Ram,
    roger_ramjet,
    Romanis,
    Salopian0,
    StensonRam,
    swaledale"

Presumably to click the ignore button.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)