+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club Statement

Well this new appointment will make or break us, if they get it right and show some ambition it will win some fans back bring the feel good factor back and we will never look back or we fall like a lead balloon. It would be nice aswell if the actually hired a 'Manager' and not head coach because the people who are running this show are not football people but what do i know eh

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    Well this new appointment will make or break us, if they get it right and show some ambition it will win some fans back bring the feel good factor back and we will never look back or we fall like a lead balloon. It would be nice aswell if the actually hired a 'Manager' and not head coach because the people who are running this show are not football people but what do i know eh
    This saturday is the main focus now. Do a "Flitcroft" and take it one game at a time. Play some in your face attacking football.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Barnsley Football Club are thoroughly disappointed to announce that Paul Heckingbottom has joined Leeds United.

The 40-year-old will move to Elland Road instantly. Heckingbottom will be joined by Jamie Clapham (First Team Coach), Nathan Winder (Head of Sports Science) and Alex Bailey (First Team Performance Analyst) who will also all depart Oakwell immediately.

The Club are shocked at Paul Heckingbottom’s desire to leave, having agreed a new contract with Barnsley Football Club last week following the completion of the January transfer window, where the Board of Directors worked tirelessly along with Paul to secure their targets, resulting in a successful window. This left the Club optimistic in a turnaround in form and a strong end to the 2017/18 campaign as we battle to retain our position in the league.

Barnsley Football Club Chief Executive Gauthier Ganaye commented: “Yes, it was unexpected. Yes, it has come during an already complicated period. Yes, it will make things more difficult short term, but our Club is full of resources and it is certainly not dependent on one man alone. I’m asking everyone from the players, employees and our loyal fans to come together as we have an important game on Saturday.”

The Club want to place on record their thanks and best wishes to Paul Heckingbottom and his coaching team. Having taken on the role of Head Coach in February 2016, he has guided his home town Club to promotion, a Johnstone’s Paint Trophy victory and the highest Sky Bet Championship finish in 20 years.

Until a new Head Coach is appointed, Paul Harsley will take caretaker charge. The board fully trusts him to lead the team whilst getting the maximum levels out of the squad and we all support him in this new role as caretaker.

Ganaye added: “Paul Harsley knows the Club through and through. He has a sound knowledge of the Club as a whole and the team, which makes him the ideal person to lead us towards what is an important game for the town, the Club and the fans. Let’s get behind them!”
    Bit of a rallying cry that if ever I heard one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    This saturday is the main focus now. Do a "Flitcroft" and take it one game at a time. Play some in your face attacking football.

There lies the problem though Steve. Flicker was part of the backroom staff when he rallied the troops, the players all knew him and were familiar how he worked. That is a much easier transition for players to make.

Hecky has taken away everybody. The February fixtures and massive incoming change will be a bridge too far in my opinion for this inexperienced squad. Relegation certainties now for me.

I think when you spit the bones out and break it down football isn't that complicated Pass. I see where you're coming from. However, I think Harsley will hopefully gee them up and play it simple for em'. Can see a return to the 4-4-2 and maybe even Adeboyejo given a go.

I think differently harsley will play a safe game and hope for a point nothing will change in giving other teams too much respect that's why we haven't got an attacking policy and take teams on from the start not when we go 1 or 2 behind

Wi missing Roma's opinion on this wun cos he's seen him a lot at work wi the U23's.

Either iz computers brokken or iz got summat on mooar personally important than BFC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12