+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hecky recently said ‘exciting times ahead for Barnsley’

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    still have to adhere to ffp no matter how much money owners have that means leeds, wendy and blunts will always be "bigger" than us they have more supporters
    Being the biggest does not make them the best mi owd.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Take it tha not in business thi sen then YN ?
    Clue .
    Tha puts minimum investment in to obtain maximum profit .
    There’s another phrase used in business - if yer pay peanuts - yer get monkeys.

The new owners have bought into English football - even though they are worth Billions they have put the time and effort in to buy the club - they will want to see their investment succeed.
    They are experienced business people that understand that in football if you put the minimum in then you usually get the minimum out.

We need to see some positivity on here.
    Some on here are dissing the new owners and they have only been there a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No I admit I don’t understand what you mean.
    Please explain?

As I understand it - if you have a business then depending on how much money you can get your hands on then you can spend that money on that business.

If you haven’t much money - then there’s less money to spend on that business.
    Hence the reason Patrick couldn’t compete with some clubs in this league because reportedly he was worth only about £60 million.
    Leeds owner is worth a reported £300 million.

I would imagine the new owners haven’t bought Barnsley just to stare at it.
    And they are worth a reported £15 BILLION.
    I don’t think they will pour zillions into Barnsley to start with - but the potential buying power and competitiveness of Barnsley has increased exponentially since they took over.

As Hecky says - ‘exciting times ahead’.
    And then he jumps ship !!!
    To a club with less money - to a short term contract - who hire and fire at the drop of a hat.
    That ........... just does NOT add up.
    They might have companies and assets worth Billions and Barnsley FC will be one of many they’ll own between them all.

A football club is usually a Trophy asset for Billionaires . Did QPR become bigger than Man Utd when that Indian steel bloke bought them who was one of the richest blokes in the world at the time with Bernie Ecclestone. No

These new owners have clearly spelt it out that they won’t be going daft and pumping loads of money in , I don’t see why you don’t understand that .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    What do you mean when you say ‘a far bigger club’?
    As I said on Radio Sheffield last night - Barnsley owners can buy and sell Leeds, Sheffield United and Wednesday over 30 times.
    Barnsley is far more wealthier than Leeds.

Let me put it another way - which is the bigger club Burnley or Leeds???
    Which of those 2 clubs is likely to win the race to sign a player?

All what Leeds have got is bigger attendances.
    Which has come about because they have traditionally spent much much more money at Leeds compared to Barnsley.
    But that is now on the brink of reversing.
    Hecky knows that - so why leave?
    Aye up young Nudger it appears you've got a bit of a bee in your bonnet over this haven't you - tee hee. As an amused blade with a cigar on reading all of this I thought one thing was clearly obvious, maybe there's a bit too much coal dust clogging up your grey matter.

Barnsley could have all of the money in the world but they would never, ever be anywhere near the size of Leeds or the Sheffield clubs. It's all about history and achievement and I don't see much of that over in your neck of the woods. So 'tarn' will always be little old, insignificant, used a stepping stone to bigger and better things - 'tarn'.

Suck it up young Nudger - the fickleness of you lot never ceases to amaze..

Whats it like to be back in the Championship after six years in the Third Division ?

And the last time Sheffield United won a major trophy was?

Barnsley are a smaller club than our Yorkshire city counterparts. 99% of tarn fans will openly admit that, it ain't such a big deal. However, we're not the ones massaging our ego or stroking ourselves off over our history. Thats summat we leave to the deluded ones. History doesn't bring a devine right to success these days. Money talks. Its evidently a tough concept to grasp for some of you lot, especially when you've got no money and spent 6 consecutive seasons in division 3.

In the last 20 years the blades and owls have spent a grand total of one season in the english top flight between them. Its hardly heavyweight stuff now is it. Historical achievements deserve respect but unless a sugar daddy invests heavily in Sheffield United then your chances of being successful again are virtually nil. Thats the bottom line. Not much to seek solace in

Kieffer Moore is not championship material he will score in the 1st division that's the reason McCarthy loaned him out to Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Kieffer Moore is not championship material he will score in the 1st division that's the reason McCarthy loaned him out to Rotherham.
    Aye there's a few of our players got told they weren't all that in the past and have gone on to better things via us .

We will see of course .

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Being the biggest does not make them the best mi owd.
    it does not indeed I wouldn't change my barnsley for any club no matter which league we are it and how many supporters we have

" Hecky recently said ‘exciting times ahead for Barnsley’ "

And he was right of course, he obviously meant it will be exciting after he leaves and we stop playing his negative way!.
    Seriously though who knows what lies ahead for us as a club, these are uncertain times to say the least.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast