+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Break To Be Considered For 2019

Winter Break To Be Considered For 2019

So the Premier League are just now considering the fact to have a winter break after all these years of not having one to follow suit with Spain, Italy, Germany and France and will be putting in place after a new TV deal in 2019.

Someone has finally woken up the PL association.

Daft idea, all come back like bacon pigs!

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    So the Premier League are just now considering the fact to have a winter break after all these years of not having one to follow suit with Spain, Italy, Germany and France and will be putting in place after a new TV deal in 2019.

Someone has finally woken up the PL association.
    Maybe but unlikely for the reasons you state. More to do with WC 2022, if as expected FIFA sanctions a 'winter world cup.'

Now before you go trying your best to defend your pov. I'm not saying it's not correct to follow other leagues, rather that the PL is doing so for the WC. Christmas footy is unique to the Prem and it generates the widest possible viewership because there's no other major league on. I cannot see the PL doing something to undermine their tv revenue for altruistic purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Maybe but unlikely for the reasons you state. More to do with WC 2022, if as expected FIFA sanctions a 'winter world cup.'

Now before you go trying your best to defend your pov. I'm not saying it's not correct to follow other leagues, rather that the PL is doing so for the WC. Christmas footy is unique to the Prem and it generates the widest possible viewership because there's no other major league on. I cannot see the PL doing something to undermine their tv revenue for altruistic purposes.
    It would benefit the national side to have a winter break, you don’t say..... blah! blah! blah! where we heard that before oh! Yes! We been through this discussions all before and nothing has come out of it and until they are dead on certain they are going to go through with the idea then we can all get excited.

Im so excited by the prospect already

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Im so excited by the prospect already
    Only to be left disappointed numerous times after they then decide to go against the idea after going back and forth between discussions.

I thought about booking a holiday in June. But I am thinking I'd like to see the cricket fixtures 1st. Nothing worse than missing a game, then the following week there's no fixture.

Up to the head shed at home though.

Salisbury City FC are going through the motions still and reflecting on their Premier League status in 2024, when they'll probably need a better left back.

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    It would benefit the national side to have a winter break, you don’t say..... blah! blah! blah! where we heard that before oh! Yes! We been through this discussions all before and nothing has come out of it and until they are dead on certain they are going to go through with the idea then we can all get excited.
    Ok fair enough, when they implement it, we can get excited as you just replied. Fair enough I agree.
    But if this is the case, why did you write this at the beginning?

So the Premier League are just now considering the fact to have a winter break after all these years of not having one.......
    Someone has finally woken up the PL association

First you type some mumbo jumbo about the PL finally waking up, tv deal tied up etc, only to then disclaim it by stating it's been discussed before with nothing coming to pass and not to get excited until it's certain.

The question thus, is why the **** post something that you're not certain about, don't believe and urge a wait and see attitude?
    Why not wait until it's certain before posting meaningless stuff and avoid making a fool of yourself by contradicting yourself in further replies?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Ok fair enough, when they implement it, we can get excited as you just replied. Fair enough I agree.
    But if this is the case, why did you write this at the beginning?

So the Premier League are just now considering the fact to have a winter break after all these years of not having one.......
    Someone has finally woken up the PL association

First you type some mumbo jumbo about the PL finally waking up, tv deal tied up etc, only to then disclaim it by stating it's been discussed before with nothing coming to pass and not to get excited until it's certain.

The question thus, is why the **** post something that you're not certain about, don't believe and urge a wait and see attitude?
    Why not wait until it's certain before posting meaningless stuff and avoid making a fool of yourself by contradicting yourself in further replies?
    For one it’s a hot topic in the sporting world right now and seeing as I want to talk about the subject and say how I feel about it then I will so unless you got a problem with that then keep your mouth shut.

This message is hidden because DerbyDaDream is on your ignore list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)