+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IF we go down

And here we go again. Insults flying when nobody understand that one person is right all the time...Another thread gone to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    With everything we know now about all this season's transfers (at the club and in the league on the whole), [which striker] would you have gone in for back in August?
    I'll open this up to the whole board then, since I still think it was a question worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Er no. We got a Leicester City striker who is surplus to their requirements, a winger from Chelsea who is surplus to theirs and a goalkeeper.

All on loan. No money spent.
    All on loan and so it should be.
    Can you imagine the cost of those two players if bought on a permanent deal in a January scramble?
    Imagine if we got relegated with those two on the books with their wages and transfer fees.
    It would make no sense other than to loan.

All loan players are surplus to any clubs requirements at any particular time, otherwise they wouldn't be loaned out.

The striker is on loan to replace Our striker who was third choice at Stoke because Ashley wouldn't spend money on a decent one who would or could score goals.
    No.
    He was third choice at Stoke and Rafa wouldn't spend the money on a striker and instead chose to buy anything but a striker until the last minute.
    By the way he sets up on the pitch it's easy to see why a decent striker wasn't a priority to him.
    It's took till now for him to panic loan Slimani...so let's hope he doesn't quickly batter him into early submission.

Kennedy is here to challenge another Chelsa third choice who was here on loan originally, but bought for peanuts as he too was.....you got it.... surplus to requirements.
    The same Atsu who the fans begged the club to sign. That one?
    A 6 million bargain at the time but somehow not worth a carrot to the same fans who thought he was fantastic and will only get better.
    Replaced with a player that's surplus to requirements as it stands but who is not up to premier league 90 minute standard and needs game time to enable Chelsea to use him when his loan is over with...meaning they will value him as their future.
    Let's just hope he continues to do what he started off doing for us and doesn't burn out too early.

Now I'm not sure if you've grasped it yet, but our owner isn't spending enough in transfer windows to keep us up in the Premier League.

Sorry to break that to you.
    I believe he has spent enough.
    What he hasn't done is spend as much as some clubs that fans think we should be spending better than for some reason.
    Those same clubs are in the same and similar positions that we are in, so if we are in this position by not spending enough then by logic all the other clubs around us have owners that are guilty of exactly the same....right?

Or does this only work against Ashley because Newcastle united football club deserve more than the best of the rest of the teams outside of the slite teams?

We have more than enough to keep us up if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    I'll open this up to the whole board then, since I still think it was a question worth asking.
    None.
    I genuinely think we had them but they were simply not used or not used correctly. I genuinely believe that.

It's down to speculation as to why it all happened but Mitrovic would have got up to speed if nurtured right.
    Gayle is a confidence player and you would expect a manager with the reputation of Rafa to solve those issues.
    As for Joselu...he's a 5 million buy and worth every penny.......the problem is, not to us....but to Rafa.
    Why?
    Because he does the stuff what Rafa asks. He spends most of his time getting his strength zapped doing everything other than what his main aim is.
    The issue is, he's not very quick so having a striker that's not very quick playing as mostly a central defensive midfielder, etc then you're hardly going to get what little he has got in his tank, to full effect when it comes to goal scoring.

What am I saying?
    Very simple.
    If you're going to play Joselu as a striker than you have to play him as a full match striker.
    EH?.....WHAT, GHOST?

Play him up front and let him work his own area. Basically play him as a goal scrounger kind of thing if you want something more from him.

Same with Gayle. Don't play Gayle if your attitude is to launch missiles towards him.

As for Mitrovic. It's fairly simple.
    Rafa will want a Joselu game from him and Mitrovic will likely not be playing ball. Can I blame him? No I can't, because his game is a striker and that's how he should be used.

There's grafting for the team and then there's being asked to go beyond what's rational. This is why we go to all hell in games.
    If you don't make teams worry about your team, offensively then it's only natural that any team will take advantage of that by committing more bodies against your backline.

However, assuming we didn't have what was required then the type of striker we would need under Rafa would literally have to be a stamina fuelled speed machine that can also leap like a Salmon with the physique of a tank.

Weirdly we seem to have a diluted version of just that in Slimani.
    So basically the striker type we need is a Slimani type.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Stop instigating and twisting stuff.
    F*ck off !

Plain enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    F*ck off !

Plain enough for ya?
    As plain as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i see the little digs havent gone predator
    lets see the size of them balls you say you've had for years mods.......and lets hope the pant pissers who filled their nappys show their disgust!........we know what he's insinuating,he just has'nt got the bollox to say it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)