+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off topic I know but....

Off topic I know but....

I'm looking at a Mitsubishi Outlander 4×4.

Never had a Mitsubishi before but I want something that's good in snow.

Has anyone had one, parts expensive, bits drop off.etc etc? Oh, and I'll use it to get to the match, if that counts

Why do you need a 4x4 Stan, where will you be driving it ? We've had a very snowy winter here (Canada) but in all the winters since I've been here I've never even had snow tires on and never really had any major problems. Just curious like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Why do you need a 4x4 Stan, where will you be driving it ? We've had a very snowy winter here (Canada) but in all the winters since I've been here I've never even had snow tires on and never really had any major problems. Just curious like.
    Question for you Cannylad (sorry Stan).I will be driving through the Rockies in May Vancouver round trip taking in the likes of W Kelowna Banff Lake Loise Baker Creek Whistler etc. Any idea what the standard of roads are like ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Question for you Cannylad (sorry Stan).I will be driving through the Rockies in May Vancouver round trip taking in the likes of W Kelowna Banff Lake Loise Baker Creek Whistler etc. Any idea what the standard of roads are like ?
    Never driven there so can't really advise about the road standard but it's a huge tourist area so I can't imagine you having any problems. They call it God's Country due to the fantastic views, put a cheap dash cam in the car, you wont regret it. I'm on the other side, St. Catharines, Ont. right on the U.S. border.

My daughter is due to have her first child in July this year. My first Grandchild.

She's just bought a beautiful house in Consett. I live in Stanley. I have a BMW 320d (that I love), but it's rubbishin the snow.

So it needs to go.

Never driven there so can't really advise about the road standard but it's a huge tourist area so I can't imagine you having any problems. They call it God's Country due to the fantastic views, put a cheap dash cam in the car, you wont regret it. I'm on the other side, St. Catharines, Ont. right on the U.S. border.
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    My daughter is due to have her first child in July this year. My first Grandchild.

She's just bought a beautiful house in Consett. I live in Stanley. I have a BMW 320d (that I love), but it's rubbishin the snow.

So it needs to go.
    Try putting snow tires on it. My car is a Kia Sorento V6 which has all wheel drive (not 4x4) and I don't remember any hint of a skid so far this winter. I suppose you are wary about maybe carrying the bairn in your car in the winter, fair play, nowt wrong with that.

First time I drove around the Rockies nearly 30 years ago was in a little mazda hatchback . Never had a problem at all; the roads will be fine.

Try putting snow tires on it. My car is a Kia Sorento V6 which has all wheel drive (not 4x4) and I don't remember any hint of a skid so far this winter. I suppose you are wary about maybe carrying the bairn in your car in the winter, fair play, nowt wrong with that.
    I'll second that, snow tyres make a huge difference. I have them on a Subaru (also all wheel drive) and that thing is totally stable in the snow and ice

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I'm looking at a Mitsubishi Outlander 4×4.

Never had a Mitsubishi before but I want something that's good in snow.

Has anyone had one, parts expensive, bits drop off.etc etc? Oh, and I'll use it to get to the match, if that counts
    i had one for the matress cleaningbuisness
    never let me down

dont get much snow on the fens but did use it a few times over fields when out fishing and shooting and again it worked well .

i would buy another one for sure

solid as a rock and because of that never needed many parts apart from the usuall servicing bits and it was cheaper than the wifes evoke for servicing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)