+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condolences to Steve Bruce

Condolences to Steve Bruce

on the sad passing of his father today. I understand he has also been caring for his mother, who is seriously ill in hospital.

Some things are more important than football and family is one of them.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

With love from Winnie xxx

Quite agree, sad sad news - hope both sets of fans show respect to him on Sunday.

I agree with both posts. I'm sure the lads will put a big performance in for Bruce.

Well, they certainly did, Bongo.

Well done to the lads and a huge thank you to Steve Bruce for rising to the challenge in what must have been a truly awful week. I'm sure you made your Dad proud today

Ditto to all of the above. I lost my Dad before Xmas so I feel his pain. When Hourihane scored SB filled up with emotion and a look up to his Dad. Saw it on Sky and the clip was very short but you could see the agony and grief in his face. Was quite moving.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss too, Exiled

I so wanted Villa to do well today for him.

You look after yourself, my friend xxx

Sad news about his dad and saw that too today excited.. was moving mate..

Really sorry to hear that about your dad mate.. keep strong pal 👍

So sorry to hear that exiled.

I had it easier than SB, if there can be an easier way to suffer a loss, in that my loss and grieving wasn’t splashed all over the national press or on tv. On the second goal SB sank to his haunches/knees and looked as tho he was wailing. Thankfully that reaction isn’t all over social media like the 1st goal is. A very public place to be, in such a vulnerable moment, shows a tremendous strength of character. I think his Mom aint in the best of health as well, my thoughts are with the Bruces.

Ta for the kind words folks.

Likewise Exiled sorry for your loss pal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)