+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Commercial Department

The Commercial Department

Shame that this years Legends Dinner has been cancelled, because apparently Andy Gray, David Goodwillie and Albert the groundsman couldn’t attend on any of the dates available.

But shame on the Commercial Team who couldn’t be ersed getting in touch with those that had booked tables for the event. Wee word of caution guys, just because the lad upstairs doesn’t consider his customers, you don’t need to follow his lead

Commercial Department still too busy trying to sell hospitality.

Thought I’d bump this up. That’s another week went by and still no contact from United’s Commercial Team to say the Legends Dinner has been cancelled. However, I’m hearing that contact has been made with some of the wealthier guys who attend, even though these guys are actually guests at some of us less well off supporters.

Here’s a wee clue for the Commercial Team. Look at all the booking słips you collected in at last years event, each slip has the name Of the person booking the table, you already have each individual’s address as you bill us all every year.

Now be good little boys, have the common decency to make contact with each person who makes the effort year, and year out, to fill these tables and not just concentrate on their guests who have money, ya bunch of phukkin dicks

I’ll keep bumping this up until someone from the Commercial Team does what’s right

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Thought I’d bump this up. That’s another week went by and still no contact from United’s Commercial Team to say the Legends Dinner has been cancelled. However, I’m hearing that contact has been made with some of the wealthier guys who attend, even though these guys are actually guests at some of us less well off supporters.

Here’s a wee clue for the Commercial Team. Look at all the booking słips you collected in at last years event, each slip has the name Of the person booking the table, you already have each individual’s address as you bill us all every year.

Now be good little boys, have the common decency to make contact with each person who makes the effort year, and year out, to fill these tables and not just concentrate on their guests who have money, ya bunch of phukkin dicks

I’ll keep bumping this up until someone from the Commercial Team does what’s right
    I'll do a draft of the commercial teams letter for you, hope it eases some frustration;

Dear Mr Tanyirhide
    We regret to inform you that the Legends Dinner that you signed up for has been cancelled. Unfortunately due to other commitments Albert, Davie Badcock and Mr Sky chauvinist are unable to attend.
    We will hopefully be able to arrange another dinner in the near future, but in the meantime just wondering if we can count on your renewal of a season ticket for next season. Your funds are ***** to the running of the football club, we are hopeful the playing squad and Shabba will be bang at it very soon and we are all in....are you?
    Many thanks The Commercial Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    I'll do a draft of the commercial teams letter for you, hope it eases some frustration;

Dear Mr Tanyirhide
    We regret to inform you that the Legends Dinner that you signed up for has been cancelled. Unfortunately due to other commitments Albert, Davie Badcock and Mr Sky chauvinist are unable to attend.
    We will hopefully be able to arrange another dinner in the near future, but in the meantime just wondering if we can count on your renewal of a season ticket for next season. Your funds are ***** to the running of the football club, we are hopeful the playing squad and Shabba will be bang at it very soon and we are all in....are you?
    Many thanks The Commercial Team.
    Lol even that would be something!

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Shame that this years Legends Dinner has been cancelled, because apparently Andy Gray, David Goodwillie and Albert the groundsman couldn’t attend on any of the dates available.

But shame on the Commercial Team who couldn’t be ersed getting in touch with those that had booked tables for the event. Wee word of caution guys, just because the lad upstairs doesn’t consider his customers, you don’t need to follow his lead
    There has never been a "Legends Dinner", however you must be referring to the "Hall of Fame Dinner" that was always sponsored by ArabTRUST?

Sadly it was getting to the stage where the award was being devalued. The original intention when launched during our Centenary was to have strict conditions on eligibility e.g. number of games played, goals scored, contribution to successful achievement of team etc. and hold event perhaps every 2/3 years.

It was then decided recently by DUFC to hold an alternative and this was announced as an Awards Dinner and will be held on Sunday 15th April at Invercarse Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    There has never been a "Legends Dinner", however you must be referring to the "Hall of Fame Dinner" that was always sponsored by ArabTRUST?

Sadly it was getting to the stage where the award was being devalued. The original intention when launched during our Centenary was to have strict conditions on eligibility e.g. number of games played, goals scored, contribution to successful achievement of team etc. and hold event perhaps every 2/3 years.

It was then decided recently by DUFC to hold an alternative and this was announced as an Awards Dinner and will be held on Sunday 15th April at Invercarse Hotel.
    Phukkin smartarse, Hall of Fame/Legends it’s the same phukkin deal. It wouldn’t appear that you are either misinformed or the Commercial Department are trotting out sh*te you see, their account of why the event was postponed is because the inductees chosen this year couldn’t attend on the night, or dates available and that’s why they called it off.

However, now I couldn’t give a flying phukk why it’s been called off, my gripe is that those running the show should show a bit more care to loyal customers and not just brown nose those who they deem wealthy, or do you think that’s ok? keen to hear your comments

My love for all things United is now restored in full, good bit of PR and I doff my tammy for the work you guys do, cheers

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)