+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Swansea City [FAC4R] 06/02/18

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    You think this will be forgotten?
    If the season ends well then nobody will care what happened in a one off game in February.

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Oh well, could have been worse.
    I think that could easily have gone to double figures if Swansea really went for it...

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If the season ends well then nobody will care what happened in a one off game in February.
    You always remember hammerings, either winning or losing. Newport 8-1 1961 for example

You always remember hammerings, either winning or losing.
    Only because you keep mentioning it in every thread! The best thing that could happen is for the bedwetters not to panic for the next few days and concentrate on getting behind them at Barnet.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    You’re the epitome of the football fans short memory.

We’ve played a lot worse. The result reflects the quality of Swansea as much as the poor performance by us.
    It's not about being beaten. It's about losing with honour and Notts didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I think that could easily have gone to double figures if Swansea really went for it...
    Exactly. No distractions from a long cup run now, Barnet could be complacent on sunday, and we've just had our worst result of the decade (probably)... struggling now help me out...
    Last edited by AltyPie; 06-02-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Only because you keep mentioning it in every thread! The best thing that could happen is for the bedwetters not to panic for the next few days and concentrate on getting behind them at Barnet.
    That result bleddy hurt, nowt to do with "bedwetters", whatever they are. It will rankle for a long time.

Barnet is the next game, we need to get back to winning ways and keep the promotion push going.

Nolan has had his fair share of the credit this season so he’s got to take the stick for that.

His team selection was piss poor, totally wrong. And his tictacs seemed to be to stand off them, absorb pressure and somehow hit them on the break. When that totally didn’t work in the first game.

Having said that, we have maybe 5 players to bring in to strengthen the team for Barnet (Tootle and Jones please) so there’s absolutely no reason why it should disrupt our season.

That result bleddy hurt, nowt to do with "bedwetters", whatever they are. It will rankle for a long time.

Barnet is the next game, we need to get back to winning ways and keep the promotion push going.
    Exactly your last paragraph 👍

You always remember hammerings, either winning or losing. Newport 8-1 1961 for example
    Salford was equally embarrassing and only a couple of years ago, but nobody was thinking about that when we smashed Crewe in front of a massive crowd.

For what it's worth tonight was awful. Weirdly, bizarrely, inexplicably awful. I put off something important to watch it, am already getting the piss ripped out of me on Facebook, and to make matters worse I had a couple of bets on Swansea with huge handicaps in the first game when I thought this would happen and nothing tonight.

But what can we do? Call for Nolan out when he's over performing? Boo the players? Protest against the chairman when he's doing a great job? Whistle's gone, start thinking about Barnet.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast