+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blues game

Blues game

Evening all - never done the derby before, always been a bit worried about being in the wrong place at the wrong time but got to scratch the itch so going on Sunday.

The boys in blue have set things up the same as last season with most villans having to walk around 3 sides to go in & out if you're parked in the direction of the A34, I'm in the Doug upper in the block next to them. I'm sure most of you have experiences to share of this fixture in recent years?

The last one I went to was the 5-1 win under MON. I had a season ticket in the lower Doug. I didn't see any trouble though.

Yes thanks for that Bongo.

I may be mistaken but….. I think W C V was referring to “experiences” as in something vaguely interesting

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Evening all - never done the derby before, always been a bit worried about being in the wrong place at the wrong time but got to scratch the itch so going on Sunday.

The boys in blue have set things up the same as last season with most villans having to walk around 3 sides to go in & out if you're parked in the direction of the A34, I'm in the Doug upper in the block next to them. I'm sure most of you have experiences to share of this fixture in recent years?
    Depends on what you’re after mate .
    I’ve probably done around 15 or so at VP and 9 or 10 at the sty in all comps, there’s always scuffles to be had if you’re looking for it.
    We have more than our fair share of idiots as well, so watch out for our lot and walk the other way. I’m sure your street smarts will suss it out, it’s easy enough to spot a mob forming.
    Admittedly, where you’re sat, the odds would usually be higher when exiting the ground. But as with their place, West Mids finest will be keeping them behind post match.
    It isn’t the warzone it used to be, Witton Island can be a bit fruity pre-match and certain areas of town will be busy but overall you should be fine.
    The atmosphere can be toxic but at VP it’s usually bouncing.
    You will love it mate if we win, I’m dead jealous.

On the pich my only fear is what Jota will do to Hutton’s positioning and how long Hutton will wait before launching him and getting a red.

3-0 to the good guys, making it 7 in 7.

Good to know Exiled, cheers mate - Hutton for me has better positioning at left-back and like any wing-back will be asked to bomb forward with maybe Thor covering. Rarely a spectacle I'm going for a 2-1 win.

Freer - bit harsh on the Bongster fella

I tell you whats interesting. The last goal blues scored at VP was in that 5-1 win.

Thankfully that goal scoring drought has continued and were lying 2nd! Ok Cardiff and Derby have games in hand but the pressure is on them now. I was getting slight anxiety at half time but the goal came eventually. Can't wait to see Hourihanes goal that sounded like a cracker.

Only Cardiff have a game in hand mate, n they're 4pts adrift.
    UTV

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I tell you whats interesting. The last goal blues scored at VP was in that 5-1 win.

Thankfully that goal scoring drought has continued and were lying 2nd! Ok Cardiff and Derby have games in hand but the pressure is on them now. I was getting slight anxiety at half time but the goal came eventually. Can't wait to see Hourihanes goal that sounded like a cracker.
    There you go Bongo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-8jAm3-PZE

Thanks exiled 👍🏻 not as good as the commentary made out but can't complain.
    That's good that we're 2nd properly. Just need to increase the gap now and stay 2nd!

Got myself a now tv sky sports day pass and sat down with my
    Lad to watch in and wasn’t disappointed..

Two very good goals and totally out classed them.. Jedi was superb today and although didn’t expect any changes totally agree with this one. Grealish is really starting to run the show and was outstanding again..

Great result and great to be up in second and starting to really come together isn’t it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)