+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldham(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    That's what makes it interesting Aucks ie there is always the possibility that the form book can be overturned. Hence the beauty of cup matches.
    You're right about the chaos theory as there is only so much you can deal with and prepare for. And the more factors / individuals that are involved the more difficult it is to always get it right.

I myself prefer to be 'master of my own destiny', hence mountain running is my chosen activity. It's just me (my body) challenging the terrain and the elements. Of course my mind has to do it also ie determination/willpower. magnified also when navigation is thrown in as an extra challenge/element.
    I am not relying on any other but myself, it's all down to me.
    Despair - interesting points. It has never worked for me. Since I got a bit too old for team-games with a ball, I have tried to replace those activities, but I get bored, just running. I did the gym-thing for a long while, but - again - I didn't really enjoy it. I gave golf a go, but I missed the team-buzz, and I played golf like a cricketer, anyway!
    I am cycling a lot at the moment, which is better for me than running, but I still miss the cricket, football and rugby a hell of a lot.

Maybe as you are of a certain age maybe walking football could be for you aucks?
    Sorry I couldn't resist.

Although this is running 'well off topic' (due to me admittedly), that's not all that bad an idea Robin.
    I have no idea if this 'new sport' has reached down there as yet, but it strikes me that Aucks misses the 'team ethic/involvement'.
    Of the sports he misses all three are team sports. Putting aside the earlier necessary physical and energy necessary requirements to continue these sports. What walking football could give him back is the team involvement side at least.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Rovers 0 Oldham 1 ....
    Oh dear Alf you've really put the curse upon our 'bounce back' there!
    Doin a Saxo maybe ��

Robin and Despair, I'll have a look at local possibilities. One of the problems, though, is that I don't like to admit that I need to be playing with old blokes!
    I'm managing my grandson's basketball team, which at least keeps me involved in team sport.

At some point Aucks you’ve just got to grit your teeth and face up to reality!
    It scares me ****less as well 😉
    And not a little demoralising.
    I believe there’s ‘a way out of this’ over in Scandinavia 😳

At some point Aucks you’ve just got to grit your teeth and face up to reality!
    It scares me ****less as well ��
    And not a little demoralising.
    I believe there’s ‘a way out of this’ over in Scandinavia ��
    N! No! I shall grow old gracefully!

The tinkerman tony tinkers again. I'll keep my prediction but I'm not happy again!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    The tinkerman tony tinkers again. I'll keep my prediction but I'm not happy again!
    Full time 2-2, fight back from 0-2 down inspired by mowbray sub's, but for me we were 0-2 down owing to his tinkering.

2 points dropped for me owing to the manager.

Oh dear Alf you've really put the curse upon our 'bounce back' there!
    Doin a Saxo maybe ��
    Not really Despair,owt can happen in these lower league Derby matches..( sorry couldn't resist it)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)