+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldham(home)predictions

Oldham(home)predictions

A huge improvement needed result and performance wise
    I think we will get the result maybe not the desired performance
    2-1 win

I am thinking the home crowd could well prove a governing factor for this game. I am getting the impression that there is still the tendency for them to be too edgy, too impatient when things are less than 'perfect' / going the way they wish.
    There is a fair bit of negativity being bandied about off that one last off key performance / result.
    If (as I would think they could) Oldham 'crank up' this edginess, it could really go against us. The one clear thing you need when experiencing the inevitable singular 'knocks', is for the crowd to gather up and be that 12th man to re instill belief in the squad.
    TM can only do as much as he can prior to the game, but when they get out there on the Ewood turf the crowd could, and have, 'taken over' in the not too distant past.
    I'm afraid for that reason I'm going to play safe and say: 2 : 2.
    Hope I'm wrong and we immediately get back on track.

3-0

A solid professional 2-0 win.

I'd feel far more confident if there were to be 10k Champ95 's sat there !

3-1 for me.

Despair, I love your comment:
    "There is a fair bit of negativity being bandied about off that one last off key performance / result."
    Indeed, if you listen to some people, it's like the wheels have fallen off completely!

Northampton was an off key performance too..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Northampton was an off key performance too..
    Saxo - I don't agree entirely. Sometimes, you have to look at a game, not as a Rovers supporter, but as a neutral. Northampton came with a game-plan that they stuck to rigidly. Unfortunately, they also got an early goal which gave extra impetus to the plan.
    It was damned frustrating, but we have all seen loads of examples down the years. If one of the half-chances goes in, the opposition game-plan has to change and things open up. (Actually, Sam often set his teams up like that!)
    It is a pity that we don't have a Gestede type to bring on. Mowbray wants the team to play ground-football, but I have seen so many matches where the PLAYERS (not the Manager!) resort to more and more diagonal crosses, even though they are not working.
    This is where you need a target-man (or a Tugay).
    In a way, that game simply confirmed my argument about multiple factors being involved. In the Walsall game, the opposition tried to play, so it was a much more "open" match.
    See what I'm saying? Matches are NOT solely decided in advance by just the one manager's decisions.
    I am honestly baffled as to why this argument meets so much opposition. Anyone who has played ANY sport will recognise that there are random events involved.
    When I was still in the UK, I must have played about 200 games of tennis with my best friend there. I won once. Why did I win that day? No idea. We were both fit and fresh; weather conditions were good; my coach (the wife) and I had hatched no special plans; it was just a day when everything worked for me; it was random.
    A football pitch with 22 dynamic elements (plus the referee) involved is - to some extent - subject to chaos theory. The best team usually wins, but the result is not-predetermined by the manager or anyone else.

That's what makes it interesting Aucks ie there is always the possibility that the form book can be overturned. Hence the beauty of cup matches.
    You're right about the chaos theory as there is only so much you can deal with and prepare for. And the more factors / individuals that are involved the more difficult it is to always get it right.

I myself prefer to be 'master of my own destiny', hence mountain running is my chosen activity. It's just me (my body) challenging the terrain and the elements. Of course my mind has to do it also ie determination/willpower. magnified also when navigation is thrown in as an extra challenge/element.
    I am not relying on any other but myself, it's all down to me.

Rovers 0 Oldham 1 ....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)