+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Waggot speaks

Waggot speaks

New CEO Steve waggot has spoken out about his job and more importantly communication with the venkys
    He sounds refreshing compared to the crap we have been used to the past 7 years
    Good interview it's on the Blackburn rovers home page.

Actions talk or bull**** walks.

One thing really evident is the increase in community-based activities. Loads of things are going on at Ewood, and the players are out and about all the time.
    To those of us who are primarily concerned with the football, this doesn't seem important, but in terms of building affection and respect for the Club, it obviously is - especially as it means establishing a future fan-base.
    We also seem to be signing Academy players up more quickly. I know we lost Wright, but it wasn't for want of trying. Sometimes, the lure of the PL is bound to win out.
    One thing that reassures me is Waggott mentioning Venky's strategic plans. This DOESN'T suggest they are about to bail, as many supporters seem to think.
    We have to wait and see, of course, but he does sound like a dramatic improvement.

The more I hear from this man the more I feel we are in safe hands again
    His need to keep us constantly informed on all things going on around ewood is refreshing and I know it's early days but maybe we could have another Williams on our hands.
    This is a lot better than cheslton who reminded me of a captain of a sinking ship with nothing but his hands to bail the water out.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The more I hear from this man the more I feel we are in safe hands again
    His need to keep us constantly informed on all things going on around ewood is refreshing and I know it's early days but maybe we could have another Williams on our hands.
    This is a lot better than cheslton who reminded me of a captain of a sinking ship with nothing but his hands to bail the water out.

If you can't see what's going at Rovers you are blind man.
    We will be making a serious play for promotion next season. Absolutely no doubt.
    If you go up merely to consolidate, you run the risk of relegation straight back. Like Bolton.
    Same with Wigan. They haven't the forsight to try and go again. They have got a decent manager like Mowbray. They will be 'happy' with mid table at best. I just think that's dangerous game to play. You can get sucked easily. We need to push on. And thanks to TM we now have a solid structure to build from. Expect some signings to cone in shortly.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)