+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the memories Hecky

Looks bad on outside but his release fee was met by Leeds. Works both ways, club could sack him after Saturday or at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I seem to remember someone signing a new contract on Friday and walking out on Tuesday. Or did I dream that?
    And the club could also have sacked him on saturday night too after the QPR game .

The dreaded vote of confidence even , contracts are simply about honouring a financial commitment if there is a parting of the ways and very little to do with tying you down or even loyalty .

Leeds had a coach last friday and on sunday night they didn't .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And the club could also have sacked him on saturday night too after the QPR game .

The dreaded vote of confidence even , contracts are simply about honouring a financial commitment if there is a parting of the ways and very little to do with tying you down or even loyalty .

Leeds had a coach last friday and on sunday night they didn't .
    True mate.

Quote Originally Posted by OoohGerryGerry View Post
    Looks bad on outside but his release fee was met by Leeds. Works both ways, club could sack him after Saturday or at any point.

You related to Hecky mate ?

Signed his contract as he new he was off , made the club a bit of brass I suppose on the way

Not related just someone in the know

Gerry Taggart

Quote Originally Posted by OoohGerryGerry View Post
    Not related just someone in the know
    Thaz not followed Nudge from BBS ez tha ? Thuz at least two dozen on theear "in the know". The must be mooar people in Tarn ITK than not ITK and the seem to argue who is reyt abart what the know.

If you are in the know help me understand as I would have been happy for Heckys reign to have been as long as Alex Furguson. No matter which division we were in as Barnsley is my club.
    I can understand that he probably jumped before he was pushed but I can't help feeling that his moving to the mighty Leeds was all so orchestrated. For me he now ranks with Wilson and I think he will suffer the same fate. Hecky now has to handle egos and good luck to him. I truly hope that he carries on at Leeds where he left of with the reds. Who other than Leeds would want someone with the record of Hecky. Leeds the gift that keeps giving.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Good luck from me too , absolutely no axe to grind with Hecky .

If he gets it right up there his career goes to a whole new level , unattainable here if we are all completely honest .

Never going to get the chance to coach in the PL unless he takes a club up from the championship , a big club too with a history and capable of pulling in 40k every week .

In a career it's his moment and he's taken the opportunity .
    ‘Unattainable here’ ——- !!!
    That’s wrong !!!

Please don’t underestimate your own club.
    We have been starved of funds at Barnsley - the money has always gone to Leeds and Sheffield.
    And many football fans from Barnsley have followed the money.
    Consequently there’s a lot of Leeds and Sheffield fans in the Barnsley District.

But that was then - things can so easily change in the near future.
    We have owners that can buy and sell Leeds and the Sheffield clubs 30 times over.

IMO Barnsley can get bigger crowds than Burnley.
    Which is the more powerful club Burnley or Leeds?
    If both of these clubs went to sign a player - who is likely to get the player?

Good original post Gerry and I agree with most of it.

I'm gutted to lose him but the show goes on. When you think that this time last year we had an owner frum tarn, head coach frum tarn and club captain frum tarn, sat 8th in the championship table playing exciting attacking football. It shows how quickly things can change in football. Now we dont have the same identity which is sad.

Id love Macca to manage here but it's probably a slim chance of that happening with the way our club operates if I'm completely honest. Can you see an experienced manager like him demoting to a head coach & working with amateurs on a laptop studying player stats? Me neither.

Having said that his budget at Ipswich is modest and I think there's a chance he'd leave them because he can't do much more down there. I'm probably reaching for sh1te hoping it happens and hope can drive a man insane as they say

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast