+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the memories Hecky

Thanks for the memories Hecky

I rarely post but thought I needed to. There has been a lot said over the last few months about the previous owners, new owners and Head Coach. Majority of stuff said has been wide of the mark!! I said before to be careful what you wish for regarding the Head Coach.

Hecky performed miracles on the lowest budget in the Championship keeping us competitive.

He covered over cracks and mistakes made from the old and new regime.

Frequently let down in transfer windows, having the rug pulled from under his feet on more than one occasion.

Not only did he do the Head Coach role he was also acting CEO plus others.

Good job he was one of our own showing commitment, passion and a love for the club or else we would be in a far worse position than we are now.

Who can blame him moving up the road to a bigger club that have more ambition than us and don’t give me that we have more money than them. Owners might have but the club doesn’t!!!

Hopefully he will have more help behind the scenes so he can do the job he does best, which is coaching players!! He has the highest coaching badges you can get and knows his stuff which is why he is highly sought after.

Thanks for the memories and good luck at Leeds Hecky!!

I might also add good luck to our new Head Coach, you’ll need it !!! God forbid you play players that you trust, who you see in training everyday, pick formations that give us the best chance to win or draw. Not forgetting if you lose 5 or 6 on the bounce even though the players are of less ability than most teams in the Championship then certain fans will be calling for your head.

COYR

Good post and agree with most of it but the way he’s left and the staff he’s taken to leave the club in the mire is too much for me so I hope he fails miserably

It’s not ideal agreed but if club didn’t want them to go then I’m guessing other than Clapham the others wouldn’t have a clause in their contracts to go and the club would block them leaving !!

It used to happen when a manager left the back room staff would go as well !!

I don’t think a club like ours can carry staff or players - whoever doesn’t want to be here let them go.

I am completely in agreement with both posts. I’d say good luck . . . but for the way you have left (even Johnson wrote us a note) and stripped us bare, I hope you fail and see you managing Port Vale next year (and because vale is down the road from me - I’ll go and remind you)!

I just remember shelling art for a season ticket and walking back up the hill on more than occasion disappointed after seeing a drab bore draw and 4-5-1 after six**** minutes of stoppage time because Davies has wasted that much time. I won't miss being able to count home wins on one hand.

I won't miss watching Brad Potts on the wing when Hammill is on the bench or two holding midfielders at home against Reading. I honestly think he's sold us short and been too conservative in his selections on more than one occasion. Cardiff City were there for the taking but he faffed with the line up. There are many more examples.

He's gone now and I wish him well. We move on.

Good luck from me too , absolutely no axe to grind with Hecky .

If he gets it right up there his career goes to a whole new level , unattainable here if we are all completely honest .

Never going to get the chance to coach in the PL unless he takes a club up from the championship , a big club too with a history and capable of pulling in 40k every week .

In a career it's his moment and he's taken the opportunity .

Commitment love passion for the club then why leave? You're having a laugh he's done what anybody would do what he thinks is best for his family and himself wether it comes off who knows personally he's lost the respect I had for him especially after signing a new contract and days later leaving and taking every one with him so all the things he said about BFC was a load of Bo++ox

If I ever get the green light to spill the beans on stuff that happened behind the scenes then I will.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but Heck’s commitment to the club can not be questioned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OoohGerryGerry View Post
    If I ever get the green light to spill the beans on stuff that happened behind the scenes then I will.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but Heck’s commitment to the club can not be questioned!!!
    I seem to remember someone signing a new contract on Friday and walking out on Tuesday. Or did I dream that?

Quote Originally Posted by OoohGerryGerry View Post

Do tell Gerry , not doubting you mate just like to hear what's gone on .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 07-02-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast