+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World's gone mad

World's gone mad

I get plenty of stuff from SUFC in my Facebook newsfeed which I don't mind but it sometimes gets a bit much..............however I am amazed to see a post with the heading George Baldock gives his apologies to fans after Wolves defeat.

WTF is that all about! George Baldock does not need to apologise to anybody for his performances this season, and why on earth SUFC feel that we need to be apologised to for the defeat, defeats me. Are we as fans that demanding and important that players have to grovel to us when things go wrong now?

What a load of complete tosh.
    Rant over - have a good day all
    utb

I would like an apology from Bryan Robson in that case.

Spot on Aya, it should have been Clarke

Seriously though, I totally agree love. Utter madness, I’m not sure that I’d like to be starting off in the world again the way it’s going.

As a keen (amateur) student of History, I can assure you that the world went mad many centuries ago.

However, you could justifiably argue that it has progressively got madder - or it could be that we now hear about it a lot more than we ever did in the good old days.
    To be honest, if the maddest thing the world can come up with this year, is George apologising to us fans, I will celebrate as if the world is coming to an end - which it probably will be!

Well, I was deeply offended by Georges performance, so I welcome his apology.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go and find something else on the internet to be deeply offended by...

Perhaps he just felt like doing it because he knows that the team could have played a bit better in his mind.
    As for offending FKB
    I give you
    Name:  Michael+Higdon+Bfp8i4ok3K9m.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  30.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by diode_blade View Post
    Perhaps he just felt like doing it because he knows that the team could have played a bit better in his mind.
    As for offending FKB
    I give you
    Name:  Michael+Higdon+Bfp8i4ok3K9m.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  30.8 KB

The second goal was poor, but the first, I doubt if we'd have stopped that if they'd drawn a diagram of what they were going to do and given it to us before the game.

Former shyte players are one thing, but did you know that some BBC news presenters (who have bit of make up on and then read stuff aloud from an autocue) are not quite as outrageously overpaid as some of their colleagues. AND it turns out...THEY'RE ALL WOMEN. 100 years of sufferage and still no equality. Booo! I feel like filling in a petition.*

*Actually, I'm not very PC, especially around feminism...The whole 'thou shalt not be attractive' and revisionist nonsense over art and literature conceived in different times and values leaves me seething with a hatred for the stupid people who hold these views. Apologise for suffragette stuff that happened 100 years ago? My @rse.

When people are trying to have Winston Churchill reviewed by history as a fearful mysogonist and war criminal, and perpetuator of colonialism, well, I just want to put their heads in a bucket of grenades. We need great leaders, but great leaders are often greatly flawed as people. They won't be happy until we have leaders that couldn't possibly offend anyone, like Phillip Schofield perhaps, although I can't think how he'd have galvanised our Nation to defeat Hitler and the German Reich. Fight these people who promote mediocracy as the way forward. They are facists, trying to control how we think, how we behave. Unless we do we're all up shyte creek. Then its 'stop the world, I want to get off...'

I should also mention that I hitch my wagon to the view. If anyone thinks this is a Mans World, then they have fundamentally misunderstood how the whole thing works.

Perhaps Bash has told him how quickly the Kop can turn and he wanted to say sorry and hope the team still has the support they need.
    Just saying...

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Perhaps Bash has told him how quickly the Kop can turn and he wanted to say sorry and hope the team still has the support they need.
    Just saying...

UTCB
    No worries Chips. I thought George did alright on an off night for the team overall.

I'm just on my soapbox about the whole outrage/apology culture, mostly presented/demanded by knownowts and no-marks who it has absolutely feck all to do with in the first place!

The internet, tsk! If i'd known it was going to be this much trouble, I'd have talked Tim Berners-Lee out of inventing it...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    No worries Chips. I thought George did alright on an off night for the team overall.

I'm just on my soapbox about the whole outrage/apology culture, mostly presented/demanded by knownowts and no-marks who it has absolutely feck all to do with in the first place!

The internet, tsk! If i'd known it was going to be this much trouble, I'd have talked Tim Berners-Lee out of inventing it...
    It's anti-social media that's the problem FKB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast