+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Can we all stop this stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stop what stupidity? Please point it out. Can't say I've seen any stupidity, just honest appraisals of our 'performance' last night. We were dire, abysmal, awful, embarrassing, shyte. That is the truth, and saying it doesn't make you any less of a Notts fan. OK, it was a one-off cup game where the final score would lead to our exit whether 1-0 or 8-1, but supporters can only comment on what they saw. I'm sure we're all desperate for 3 points at Barnet, but that doesn't mean we have to pretend that the Swansea game didn't happen.

You are completely spot on. Two days later and I'm still hurt and angry about it. When you've had the afternoon of the game, and the following morning off work and done a 460 mile round trip and stayed over and all you have is memories of seeing your team get humiliated 8-1 and knowing it's on national TV then that's unacceptable and we should not pretend it never happened.

I could have stomached us loosing, but it's the manner of the defeat that did me. Sat in that stand watching goal after goal after goal go against us. If it was a boxing match KO would have been called at half time. Never have I witnessed such a heavy defeat in my time supporting Notts and one so devoid of passion, hunger and desire.

It is time to move on, but what I want to see at Barnet is a response. It needs to be a response that shows those of us who traveled all that way on Tuesday and the rest of the fans that we are a good side and we can play well and we can perform at our own level. I want those players to go there if they are hurt to take it out on Barnet and show no mercy. All it needs to be is a 1-0 win. Nothing more nothing less.

Then same again against the smug Keith Curle's Carlisle at home next Tuesday.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 09-02-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Not posted for a few days due to immense unhappiness with Tuesday night.....plus MAD was in meltdown anyway.

The board is pretty much split 3 ways......firstly those that were disgusted with what they saw and want to express their anger and are demanding answers, when was the last time we were beaten by 7 goals?.....secondly those that see the FA Cup as a diversion from the League, so it does not really matter, yes it hurts but beating Barnet will be a tonic.....thirdly those that blindly support Notts and see any dissenters as traitors.

In the cold light of day, I am somewhere in the middle, BUT if the lowest placed League team, rock bottom, beat us on Saturday then I reserve the right to start moaning big time.

My prediction is 3~1 to Notts and then we can forget about the Swansea result.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The Pies are going up....
    Sh-t how much will they cost now?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I cant believe im actually agreeing with this guy, but yes he is right...
    Maybe it's time for that pint ?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well it's nice to see someone is allowed an opinion.
    Only proper supporters are allowed one.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Not posted for a few days due to immense unhappiness with Tuesday night.....plus MAD was in meltdown anyway.

The board is pretty much split 3 ways......firstly those that were disgusted with what they saw and want to express their anger and are demanding answers, when was the last time we were beaten by 7 goals?.....secondly those that see the FA Cup as a diversion from the League, so it does not really matter, yes it hurts but beating Barnet will be a tonic.....thirdly those that blindly support Notts and see any dissenters as traitors.

In the cold light of day, I am somewhere in the middle, BUT if the lowest placed League team, rock bottom, beat us on Saturday then I reserve the right to start moaning big time.

My prediction is 3~1 to Notts and then we can forget about the Swansea result.
    I'm where your at tarkers. Here's expecting rather that hoping for another really pissed off Vlog from Loudmouth !

Hope we're not in for a repeat of the 1985/86 season. In and around the promotion places up to January, beat a 2nd tier side in the 3rd round of the FA Cup (Stoke) then get a Premier League team (Spurs), draw at home, 3rd place going into the replay, get thrashed, then get thrashed in the next league game (Gillingham) and win only 2 of 11 which sees us tumble all the way down to 11th.
    Cup runs are always disruptive but it is possible to recover and go on to win promotion. Both the Munto and Warnock teams did it after reaching the 5th and 6th rounds. Is this team THAT special though? The Barnet game will be very telling I think.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I cant believe im actually agreeing with this guy, but yes he is right...
    Steady on Durham. That Swansea result has had a bigger impact than you may realise...�� But picture this! Travel to Swansea Tuesday morning. Meet the wife's family again. Have many drinks and fine food sat amongst the welsh in the pub. Dream of a shock we may well pull of that night. Give plenty of stick,but take way too much. Make our way to the liberty. Sit in there stand with wifey and ten others. Get thumped badly. Eat many humbugs amongst humiliation. But still manage to sing the wheelbarrow song out loud and clear. Class from the support that was there. However that kind of score line will never stop black and white running through my veins.

I will be there Saturday and Tuesday and as long as I can still walk and talk will support my team as long as possible. Thank you for giving me Notts County
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-02-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Yeah this game is irrelevant in the final analysis. If you get promoted everybody will forget it. Plus to be fair this was a very different Swansea that was in free fall. New manager, New intensity. They even beat the Liverpool team that stopped City.
    Swansea are not gonna win the cup anyway. It was just a game they needed to show they have some belief they can do well for the rest of the season.
    Notts have other fish to fry.
    On the bright side, you got some extra cash and can now focus solely on the League.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The Pies are going up....
    price increase again!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast