+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Can we all stop this stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Hope we're not in for a repeat of the 1985/86 season. In and around the promotion places up to January, beat a 2nd tier side in the 3rd round of the FA Cup (Stoke) then get a Premier League team (Spurs), draw at home, 3rd place going into the replay, get thrashed, then get thrashed in the next league game (Gillingham) and win only 2 of 11 which sees us tumble all the way down to 11th.
    Cup runs are always disruptive but it is possible to recover and go on to win promotion. Both the Munto and Warnock teams did it after reaching the 5th and 6th rounds. Is this team THAT special though? The Barnet game will be very telling I think.
    The first half of this post depressed me that much, that I raced out to buy another 48 x 1.2 litres of ale......then I read the second part and have started drinking them in celebration!!

We are going up, starting in 14 hours time, we are going to wallop every L2 side we meet in retaliation for the Swansea humiliation...fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Steady on Durham. That Swansea result has had a bigger impact than you may realise...�� But picture this! Travel to Swansea Tuesday morning. Meet the wife's family again. Have many drinks and fine food sat amongst the welsh in the pub. Dream of a shock we may well pull of that night. Give plenty of stick,but take way too much. Make our way to the liberty. Sit in there stand with wifey and ten others. Get thumped badly. Eat many humbugs amongst humiliation. But still manage to sing the wheelbarrow song out loud and clear. Class from the support that was there. However that kind of score line will never stop black and white running through my veins.

I will be there Saturday and Tuesday and as long as I can still walk and talk will support my team as long as possible. Thank you for giving me Notts County
    Good post....win, lose or draw, I will be logging into iFollow for every game....not quite as tough as you traipsing around the UK with the other solid Pies....but I am there in spirit.

Let’s get back on track today.

COYP!!!

This thread could almost be a call for unity!

And look who started it !!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567