+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done, honestly...

Well done, honestly...

Hi everyone, Swansea fan here. I just wanted to say well done to all your travelling support last night. Whatever you thought of the game, the score, the teams performance I have to say the fans can hold their heads up. No matter what else, even when number 8 went in your fans never stopped supporting their team. They outsang the home fans for the vast majority of it, not that the home fans made much noise all night. The loudest I heard was "Hymns and Arias" piped through the PA system which is embarrasing!
    To be honest, crazy as it might sound, being in the EPL has lost its veneer for many and definitely so for me. The ridiclously over hyped players, the greed and worse of all the constant cheating (and getting away with it) by really very good players ......Dele Alli!!!....has put me off but I enjoyed last nights game, not just because of the score but seeing some genuine supporters again, if you can understand that.
    Good luck in the league you Magpies.

Thanks for that. At last a real football fan with something decent to say rather than a threatened red dog shaking with relief.

Great post. Thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Swanning around View Post
    Hi everyone, Swansea fan here. I just wanted to say well done to all your travelling support last night. Whatever you thought of the game, the score, the teams performance I have to say the fans can hold their heads up. No matter what else, even when number 8 went in your fans never stopped supporting their team. They outsang the home fans for the vast majority of it, not that the home fans made much noise all night. The loudest I heard was "Hymns and Arias" piped through the PA system which is embarrasing!
    To be honest, crazy as it might sound, being in the EPL has lost its veneer for many and definitely so for me. The ridiclously over hyped players, the greed and worse of all the constant cheating (and getting away with it) by really very good players ......Dele Alli!!!....has put me off but I enjoyed last nights game, not just because of the score but seeing some genuine supporters again, if you can understand that.
    Great post ,thanks. Your right about the Premier League as well. Would I like to see Notts there , goes without saying . Would I like to see all those prima donna's wearing the colours of my beloved club, only if it means we are above Forest.

Cheers mate, not many of us but we love our club (my throats still sore), anyway good luck to you guys for the rest of the season.

Great post, you are welcome back on here anytime

Hope Swansea survive in the Premier League, I'm sure they will given how they're playing recently.

Heart warming post

Thank you so much for that. I know i felt very proud of our fans. I hope Swansea will do well and stay in the league. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Thanks for that. At last a real football fan with something decent to say rather than a threatened red dog shaking with relief.
    I've seen a few of those!! I meant every word, I've been going to the Swans for 45 years and while the EPL is THE place to be, I've missed more games this last 5 years than in the previous 40!! I'm not even renewing my season ticket unless we go down, silly isn't it. Hearing the away end last night reminded me of trips to places like Rochdale and Kidderminster the season we nearly fell out of the league, where whatever was going on we just kept singing and hoping for the best.

PS, navypie, I can't stand FEC Nottingham Forest, terrible away end, terrible stewards and some rally sh*tty fans the last time I was there. They were pissing in bottles and tipping it over us while stewards stood and watched.
    Anyways, must go, good luck again and it's goodbye from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiepie View Post
    Thank you so much for that. I know i felt very proud of our fans. I hope Swansea will do well and stay in the league. Best of luck
    Thank you, keep up the noise!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast