+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PJM Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

It’s more down to people pointing out how good his record is compared to other managers, who never had the luxury of avoiding these teams.
    Tommy Wright has and won 1 cup (the better one) and always finished behind us in the league.

So we are the second best team in Scotland and winning one trophy in that time is a success?

So if we drop back to being McGhee pish and Sevco being up there with Celtic...it'll be just as it is now for winning a trophy?

Hard to talk about lack of competition when you sell your best players and then get relegated

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    Hard to talk about lack of competition when you sell your best players and then get relegated
    And their manager gets a bonus for selling their best players.

Minky jute b*stards - fvcking joke of a club. They did manage to win the Irn-Bru Cup though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post

Minky jute b*stards - fvcking joke of a club. They did manage to win the Irn-Bru Cup though
    ... Whilst we got our hands on that prestigious 'loving cup'.... nae contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

In the same way you cant fathom comparing Mcinnes with managers of the past, I cant fathom the notion that the competition now isn’t as good as the competition of the past. Both views are flawed by the fact that Scottish football was a very different place entirely and I’m trying to focus more on the now, rather than that of the past.
    It just isn't as competitive - when did you start watching football?

Anyhoo - f*** the PJMs

McInnes' tenure should not be compared to previous managers in the job. It should be compared to the standards expected of this club.

To me, we should have finished 2nd in the last few years - we have, so that's a par result in my eyes. The fact we have done it consistently maybe nudges us into the slight overachievement territory, given that there are other teams in the league with similar aspirations after all.

The cups - well, we've made 3 cup finals, winning 1, out of 9(?) attempts since McInnes took over. Again, that's nothing to write home about. It's what we should be doing.

Europe - consistent qualification, but no progress over a number of seasons now. A bit disappointing, but we've not been embarrassed at any point and have been beaten by reasonable, if not great, sides.

Overall, it's a 7/10 from me. There's a lot to like, and it's often felt like we've been on the cusp of something really great, but it's not yet materialised.

There is something in me, though, that thinks we might take another step forward under McInnes. It feels in many ways like the negative experiences and results we've had have, and will, make the team stronger in the longer run. Perhaps we'll see evidence of that before the end of the season even.

I'm as frustrated by things as the next fan in terms of the missed opportunities, but I think this team will continue to give itself the opportunities and will learn to take more of them over time. There's still a lot to play for this season and I think we should get behind the efforts of the manager and player and evaluate things in the round at the end of the campaign.

I wonder, for example, how the "he's only won 1 cup" brigade would view it if 1 became 2 in May? Would 2 cups in 5 seasons cut it?

Lastly, I simply don't agree with the view above that Rangers are not competition to us. They have some players who'd get into our starting line up. They might not be great, and we should have a better record than we do against them, but we're not that much better than them to simply say we should be swatting them aside. It'd be a decent achievement - nothing to go wild about, right enough - if we finished above them this season.

I'd accept a Scottish cup as being a decent return.

oh my ƒucking sides...

I stopped reading the article after it said Dundee Utd and then big team afterwards.

Think he got a bit confused there...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'd accept a Scottish cup as being a decent return.
    His first season in charge, we should have won the cup double. What an achievement that would have been.

I feel we would have beaten United in the final had we got there, just like St Johnstone did.

The complacency shown by us in that second half at Ibrox was astonishing, really bad.

Who the f83k is Stevie May anyway?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast