+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PJM Manager

PJM Manager

Bit mouthy for someone whose team play in the semi pro league

That’s said, I fully agree with him

https://t.co/gHf2WuZ8Hm

I was waiting for a happy clapper to bring this up. You ruined that Mason min

Hes bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Hes bang on.
    Oi, enough of the happy clapper label.

He is of course correct to some degree, but i dont really count Utd as competition. The last two seasons, including this one have pretty much seen a league as competitive as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Bit mouthy for someone whose team play in the semi pro league

That’s said, I fully agree with him

https://t.co/gHf2WuZ8Hm
    What he was saying was right....right up until the point he threw the DABS in to the argument, which kinda sh@t on his argument, given their irrelevance compared to Dhims, SEVCO, Hearts & Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Hes bang on.
    You can only play the teams that are put in front of you !!

It`s hardly our fault that those other lots have been crap enough to get relegated , is it ?

Mind that we were sculking around the bottom for years too till a few years ago. So our improvement since then is laudible.

Sure though, the whole standard of Scottish Football has tumbled in the last decade. AND we now ned to push on and find a way ( Well, not " we" . I think the fans have been in top form ) and finally crack the ceiling to beat Celtic. ( and now, sadly , the filthy huns too )

But , around to the start again. How can we play top teams if they`re too crap to even bother staying in our league ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

He is of course correct to some degree, but i dont really count Utd as competition. The last two seasons, including this one have pretty much seen a league as competitive as it can be.
    Hes right in saying we had no competition. Sevco were sh@te last year as they are this year. They are not competition. We somehow think they are though. They should not be beating us. Hibs arent great either. Hearts are coming on bit still nowhere near as good as us. We should be second as we have better players than all those teams albeit alot further f@cking ahead if it wasnt for the last 8 weeks
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-02-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

Neither do I but they did beat us in the league cup semi not so long ago. They were competition then.

It's competitive but it's also been easier for us to finish 2nd. Just like it was for Motherwell to do it.

I think that's the point that my fellow pant pishers have made, we should have done better. Still time maybe. Hopefully.

I've just had 2 teeth out, and they didnae want to come.

It was still mair fun than being a Dundee United fan though.

Considering McInnes is regarded by some a shyte manager, Rooney,Logan,Shinnie,Considine,Reynolds,O'Connor,M cLean,GMS,Stewart and Arnason are all deemed as being shyte,McGinn usually needs a kick up the erse because he is not trying and Christie isn't our player I think we have done well managing to finish 2nd these past few seasons.

For me, there is still some argument that the ‘competition’ that existed before Rangers died, and when Hearts, Hibs and Utd were relegated, was seriously flawed. Was the competition not stiffer back then because the huns were spending money they didn’t have, with same being said for Hearts? Hence why both went down the tubes. As for Hibs and UTD, there were still 11 other teams in the league who all did better than them in those seasons that they were relegated, so they weren’t competition as such anyway. They were competition while they were doing good, but the reasons behind it were flawed, especially when we are talking about Hearts and Sevco/Rangers.

To say there was no competition is being disingenuous to the rest of the teams who were in the league, albeit I know what you and the PJM manager are trying to say, and to an extent agree with. Through no fault of their own and by rights, they earned their place in the league. Rangers (deid and new), Hearts, Hibs and United all suffered due to their own financial difficulties and inadequacies. It is true, there was a tougher time in the league and McInnes walked in at the right time, but despite that, I think its unfair to say we could do better. Looking at individual games, yes we could, but last year was a treble of runners up finishes and was with 3 of those 4 teams mentioned above in the league and cups, albeit not as 'strong' as they once were.
    Last edited by Stupie82; 07-02-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast