As complex as it is, and it is very complex, there has to be some sort of public protection against Venables and Thompson. I can understand why the law has given them their identities, as I don’t think they would last 24 hours if it was released, but we are talking about a guy who has committed a horrific crime at such a young age, with abduction and murder being only part of said crime, who has now been released and has gone on to reoffend. Should he no not be tried as an adult with his identity now revealed?

It is clear his rehabilitation never worked. How do you even rehabilitate a boy of that age who has committed such a crime. The truth is, he was always going to end up f*cked up and any chance at a normal life was never going to materialise. I personally don’t think these guys should ever have been released back into society in the first place. Investigators and psychologists at the time of the murder said there was a ***ual element to the killing and that of the two, Venables was actually the lesser evil of the two kids. He has now gone on to reoffend and it’s the second time he has been caught with these sort of images. ,

My point is, I can understand why they are protected, but Venables is clearly a danger to the public, particularly kids. If he gets off on kiddie **** after the crimes he committed, then he isn’t going to all of a sudden become a decent human being. Not that I can understand how that crime affected him mentally, to now move onto Kiddie **** is seriously f*cked up. He was clearly failed by his parents, the law and by those who were meant to rehabilitate him and he will suffer the consequences of that for his entire life, but at what point do you say enough is enough and the decision is made to take him out of society for good.

The parents of that little boy will always be haunted by his death, but to see one the murderers go on to commit further crimes, some relating to kids and only get 40 months for it , is unforgiveable.