Thread: Strange Calm...

Strange Calm...

How come now, after sleeping on it, I am not remotely bothered about our 8-1 drubbing last night? Weird he?

It was a schooling and a masterclass in possession football by a side with a weekly budget bigger than our annual one, and from a league 3 above us which is widely considered the best in the world. It was also an away game. Our manager is a rookie, theirs is a master. It was always on the cards if we didn't turn up and they hit form. They've been superb in the PL of late.

Now on to Barnet with a bizarre confidence that we are going to give them the mother of all backlashes from it on Saturday.

Fingers crossed I am not losing my marbles. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Fingers crossed I am not losing my marbles. Again.
    Did you ever find them from last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Did you ever find them from last time?
    I'm sure I found the milky blue one down the back of the sofa. Think that may have been the only one though.

My lad is gutted when Notts lose. Last night he sat there laughing and singing about it being a cricket score. Just goes to show he knows where we are as a club. We have both loved our mini cup run but it's time to move on. He hasn't got a game Saturday so where off to Barnet hoping we run into Loudmouth , he loves his blogs.

Barnet might not be the revenge match you're hoping for, Swale. I predicted a draw with Swansea, 4-1 against Crewe and 0-4 against Swansea so I'm on form at the moment. 2-1 to Barnet on Saturday.

I personally think we are going to suffer a knock on effect. You can't shake a drubbing like that quite so easily. If we win on Saturday though then I feel we'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I personally think we are going to suffer a knock on effect. You can't shake a drubbing like that quite so easily. If we win on Saturday though then I feel we'll be ok.

Needs to leave a few of the bruised players out and bring Noble, Milsom, Bennett & Hall in for Sat. Shola & Bennet up top Noble, Milsom, Husin & Grant in midfield with Jones, Hall, Duffy & hopefully Toots at the back. Keeper ??. Only my opinion.

Yesterday was a lifetime ago now. And lose 1-0 or 8-1 you're still out of the Cup. Nolan will get them going again and it may be a monkey off their backs. They can focus on putting Barnet to the sword and promotion. No-one will expect Barnet to play like Swansea did and it starts 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Yesterday was a lifetime ago now. And lose 1-0 or 8-1 you're still out of the Cup. Nolan will get them going again and it may be a monkey off their backs. They can focus on putting Barnet to the sword and promotion. No-one will expect Barnet to play like Swansea did and it starts 0-0.
    Sorry, I just can't go with that. It was almost a record defeat. Lessons have to be learned.

To be fair, the piss taking today has been quite good fun, and I am less gutted than if wed played well and lost on penalties.

Nothing less than a win will do on Saturday though.

We might well comeback on Saturday, it's the rest of the season that worries me.

The defeat was humiliating. And regardless of Swansea being on form and EPL etc it will have knocked the wind out of a few sails. I could have shrugged off 4 maybe 5 but 8!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    The defeat was humiliating. And regardless of Swansea being on form and EPL etc it will have knocked the wind out of a few sails. I could have shrugged off 4 maybe 5 but 8!!!!!
    We even manage a mention in the BBC text commentary on the Spurs v Newport game after Spurs go 2-0 up:

"With Spurs barely out of third gear and now in control of the game, Newport need to ensure they are not embarrassed at Wembley, a la Notts County's 8-1 humbling at Swansea last night".