Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Barnet?

Team for Barnet?

Based on recent viewings who would you play this weekend?

Not Virtue.

Collin

Tootle (if fit) Brisley Duffy Jones

Alessandra Husin Hewitt Grant

Stead Ameobi

We have to get 3 points from this game. I'd normally take a draw away from home, but our recent league form compared to others isn't good enough and so it's imperative we can get on a 3-4 match winning streak to put some pressure back on the other teams.

Definitely a 4 4 2 formation nothing else seems to work for this group of players and don't play Virtue.

Mine may be controversial but here goes-

Fitzsimons, tootle, brisley, hall from Brighton, Jones, Hewitt, husin, allesandra, ameobi, stead, new lad from derby

Leaving out - grant - looks jaded and out of form, virtue - seen nothing that endears him to me, Collin - not convinced fully fit, hawkridge - awful recent form, hunt - needs a rest and to build fitness, Dickinson and Duffy both showing last year's form

Bench would be, Collin, grant, Duffy, noble, milsom , bird and saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Mine may be controversial but here goes-

Fitzsimons, tootle, brisley, hall from Brighton, Jones, Hewitt, husin, allesandra, ameobi, stead, new lad from derby
    Not that controversial, to me anyway. I would pick much the same but playing Bennett on the wing might not be the best use of him. So maybe he plays up front with Shola and we have to keep Grant, because Hawkridge is the alternative.

Think we're restricted to those who don't have PTSD.

Fitzsimons
    Tootle Duffy Brisley Jones
    Alessandra Hewitt Husin Grant
    Stead Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Collin

Tootle (if fit) Brisley Duffy Jones

Alessandra Husin Hewitt Grant

Stead Ameobi

We have to get 3 points from this game. I'd normally take a draw away from home, but our recent league form compared to others isn't good enough and so it's imperative we can get on a 3-4 match winning streak to put some pressure back on the other teams.
    Didn't know Fitzsimons was available, so would go with him over Collin. Agree with other comment re Grant. He's had little impact recently and so maybe a rest would be best for all.

Needs to leave a few of the bruised players out and bring Noble, Milsom, Bennett & Hall in for Sat. Shola & Bennet up top Noble, Milsom, Husin & Hewitt in midfield with Jones, Hall, Duffy & hopefully Toots at the back. Keeper ??. Only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not Virtue.
    He really does add nothing to the side. Hoping Nolan is not under obligation to play him and if so should only be used sparingly to see if he can improve and adjust to league two because playing him from the start is a mistake based on his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    He really does add nothing to the side. Hoping Nolan is not under obligation to play him and if so should only be used sparingly to see if he can improve and adjust to league two because playing him from the start is a mistake based on his performances.
    I hope he improves and becomes a real asset for the rest of the season. I cant see it though , I hate being hard on kids learning their trade but he's offered nothing so far and I can't quite work out which position he's supposed to be playing. Seems to start in midfield and when things aren't going well appears alongside Stead ! He doesn't do either well.
    Last edited by navypie; 07-02-2018 at 04:33 PM.

The Crewe team with Tootle in for Hunt if fit, but Grant is showing that without his goals he doesnít bring much to the table, for some reason heís started sidefooting everything. No obvious replacement for him though.

Iím pretty hopeful that Bennett will start the Carlisle game, probably in place of Shola, but Stead looked knackered last night as well.

Fitzsimons
    Tootle Hall Brisley Jones
    Allesandra Husin Hewitt
    Stead Ameobi Forte

Subs: Hall, Collin, Noble, Smith, Virtue, Duffy, Hunt

Flat 4-3-3, compact and overload their midfield. Can rely on Toots and Jones to stifle their wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Needs to leave a few of the bruised players out and bring Noble, Milsom, Bennett & Hall in for Sat. Shola & Bennet up top Noble, Milsom, Husin & Hewitt in midfield with Jones, Hall, Duffy & hopefully Toots at the back. Keeper ??. Only my opinion.
    Where would you play the 4 centre midfieldersyou have chosen?

Fitzsimons, only because his distribution is10x that of Collin.
    Toots, Hall, Duffy, Jones
    Husin
    Noble Hewitt
    Grant
    Shola Bennett

If all fit that is my choice. Grant is wasted on the wing and not involved enough so would give him a free role and get teams thinking about where he will pop up. Hewitt and Noble can give us the industry needed, as well as Husin who I would have playing as our quarterback, get us ticking.
    Would rest Brisley and Stead as both look like they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieBaTS View Post
    Fitzsimons
    Allesandra Husin Hewitt
    Stead Ameobi Forte

Subs: Hall, Collin, Noble, Smith, Virtue, Duffy, Hunt

Flat 4-3-3, compact and overload their midfield. Can rely on Toots and Jones to stifle their wingers.
    What no Grant and Bennet even on the subs bench....
    Wouldn't have Forte anywhere near the squad...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    What no Grant and Bennet even on the subs bench....
    Wouldn't have Forte anywhere near the squad...
    Oops, overlooked Grant and Bennett. Could fit them in somewhere but think the squad needs shaking up. Grant hasn't been decent for a few weeks.

Try again:

Fitzsimons
    Grant Husin Hewitt
    Stead Ameobi Bennett

Subs: Forte, Collin, Noble, Allesandra, Virtue, Duffy, Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Where would you play the 4 centre midfieldersyou have chosen?

Fitzsimons, only because his distribution is10x that of Collin.
    Toots, Hall, Duffy, Jones
    Husin
    Noble Hewitt
    Grant
    Shola Bennett

If all fit that is my choice. Grant is wasted on the wing and not involved enough so would give him a free role and get teams thinking about where he will pop up. Hewitt and Noble can give us the industry needed, as well as Husin who I would have playing as our quarterback, get us ticking.
    Would rest Brisley and Stead as both look like they need it.
    I find it strange that people want to leave out Stead when he is in the best goal scoring form of his Notts career, he may look tired but I bet he wants to keep playing while he is scoring every game.

No surprises, you can't punish players who have put us in the promotion frame, just because a prem team put on a finishing masterclass. So the team I'd like to see is

Fitzsimons
    Hawkridge Husin Hewitt Grant
    Ameobi Stead

Subs: Collin, Dickinson, Hunt, Allesandra, Noble, Bennett, Forte

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    No surprises, you can't punish players who have put us in the promotion frame, just because a prem team put on a finishing masterclass. So the team I'd like to see is

Fitzsimons
    Hawkridge Husin Hewitt Grant
    Ameobi Stead

Subs: Collin, Dickinson, Hunt, Allesandra, Noble, Bennett, Forte
    I'd go with that or alternatively swap Shola for Bennett in the starting line up and keep Shola on the bench until needed, if at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast