+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team for Barnet?

Pilkington, Doyle, Edwards, Baudet, Ullathorne, Pipe, Needham (McMahon 59), Martin, Palmer, Dadi (Chillingworth 70), Scoffham (Frost 70).
    Subs Not Used: Marshall, O'Callaghan.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I find it strange that people want to leave out Stead when he is in the best goal scoring form of his Notts career, he may look tired but I bet he wants to keep playing while he is scoring every game.
    It has nothing to do with his goal scoring prowess. We have lots of games so resting him for part of the Barnet game is not totally ridiculous, is it? Let’s say he starts on Saturday and pulls a hamstring and is out for 6-8 weeks, KN says it’s caused by fatigue, there would be up roar.
    You and I both no he will start, my personal opinion is to give the lad a break.
    It wasn’t that long ago people wanted Stead out of the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Pilkington, Doyle, Edwards, Baudet, Ullathorne, Pipe, Needham (McMahon 59), Martin, Palmer, Dadi (Chillingworth 70), Scoffham (Frost 70).
    Subs Not Used: Marshall, O'Callaghan.
    Oh God nooooooo. I honestly don't even remember who Doyle was.

We look awful without Hewitt in midfield, so he has to start if fit. I'd also start Hall and Bennett, dropping either of the CBs and Ameobi, who can be wheeled on if needed for the last 20 mins.

I was all about sacking Fitz after what he did, but now I've calmed down a bit I'd also put him back in the side. Tootle as well if available. As others have said, don't play Virtue - he simply isn't good enough. I'd rather have Noble on the pitch. Grant looks a bit jaded but then we need goals in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It has nothing to do with his goal scoring prowess. We have lots of games so resting him for part of the Barnet game is not totally ridiculous, is it? Let’s say he starts on Saturday and pulls a hamstring and is out for 6-8 weeks, KN says it’s caused by fatigue, there would be up roar.
    You and I both no he will start, my personal opinion is to give the lad a break.
    It wasn’t that long ago people wanted Stead out of the side.
    I wasn't one of them, let's say he starts Saturday and scores the winner

I love the fact I have lauded Hewitt when some on here have seen him as a pit part player. To be honest I thought he was crap last season but my lad loved him. I am now taking direction from a 12 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I love the fact I have lauded Hewitt when some on here have seen him as a pit part player. To be honest I thought he was crap last season but my lad loved him. I am now taking direction from a 12 year old.
    Dont we all....

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Grant looks a bit jaded but then we need goals in the side.
    Hopefully having a mobile goal threat up front in Bennett will take the pressure (and tight marking) off Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I find it strange that people want to leave out Stead when he is in the best goal scoring form of his Notts career, he may look tired but I bet he wants to keep playing while he is scoring every game.
    Most of them are pens though

Collin
    Tootle Brisley Duffy Jones
    Grant Hewitt Husin Alessandra
    Bennett Stead

Ameobi as impact sub if needed
    Noble as 'Kick the **** of of them' sub if needed

Some people sat near me were knocking Alessandra against Crewe but I thought he did some creative things and looked dangerous at times. He just needs to improve his decision making.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast