+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ....a blast from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye we did , pop , crisps and of course wagon wheels , the sellers all wore white coats , handed that one on a plate for thi archie :-) :-)
    So did ours Animal, Archie won’t know he never spent a penny !! A suppose them coats were to mek them stand out in the crowd ? Anyway time you got down from wall in Tivolli and down to front they had usually moved on 😖

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye we did , pop , crisps and of course wagon wheels , the sellers all wore white coats , handed that one on a plate for thi archie :-) :-)
    These white cooats animal, wor they dickie birds cast-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    So did ours Animal, Archie won’t know he never spent a penny !! A suppose them coats were to mek them stand out in the crowd ? Anyway time you got down from wall in Tivolli and down to front they had usually moved on ��
    You wer an only child MILLERSTALE, first up best dressed in our house, once went to school in mi sisters nickers remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    1965 animal, F.A Cup 4th round, only 8yrs after Munich air disaster WOW
    Archie, it was February 1966. I went with the Royal Oak trip from Blackburn and was sat in the main stand. So far so good you may say. And it was............until after the game the Royal Oaker's went out to the pubs in Manchester leaving this (then)14 year old stuck on the bus until closing time. Must have read the blinking programme 700 times before they all traipsed back nissed as pewts.

Got home about 1pm and up bright and early and que'd for tickets down Millmoor Lane. What memories. the Old Trafford game remains, for me, the Millers greatest performance.

Also if you have never eaten one of Albert Hirsts pork pies hot at Oakwell then you have never lived.If you have like me you are showing your age and Harry Hough like Danny had a sports shop in the towns.

Incidentally think Potter learnt how to make pork pies working for Albert Hirst

I went to Old Trafford on a bus from the top club, Thrybergh. I was sat on a beer crate in the aisle of the bus, along with a few other kids.

At OT people were handing out free headbands, from the Daily Express. The Man U ones had pictures of Charlton, Law, Best, Styles etc. on them. Ours just had the team name. Saw loads of Rotherham fans with home-made red and white top hats and rosettes.

I was on the side with the scoreboard end, and massed ranks of Millers, to my right. Plenty of our fans on the side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Archie, it was February 1966. I went with the Royal Oak trip from Blackburn and was sat in the main stand. So far so good you may say. And it was............until after the game the Royal Oaker's went out to the pubs in Manchester leaving this (then)14 year old stuck on the bus until closing time. Must have read the blinking programme 700 times before they all traipsed back nissed as pewts.

Got home about 1pm and up bright and early and que'd for tickets down Millmoor Lane. What memories. the Old Trafford game remains, for me, the Millers greatest performance.
    Stand corrected sCORa, it was 66, what memories, oh for a decent cup run, no excitment in FA Cup these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12