+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: His Master's Voice................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

His Master's Voice................

For those who roundly criticised me for wrongly attributing the "game changing investment" statement to McC here's his response to what would happen when we got back to the Championship.

He might not have said it but you can't deny he recognises the phrase.

Listen from around 1min 24 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qV...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by tomytony; 07-02-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Its a lot of energy to expend TT, considering no-one doubts that King Kev said 'game changing investment', in this case 'the game' being covering £30m of losses without going bust.

The thing you got pulled back on was '...Liverpool like...' which I think is now fully accepted to have never come from King Kev, but a misquote of an off the cuff remark of Jim Phipps...

Weren't his actual words at the time "this investment is game changing"? Seeing they've put at least £17 m each since it certainly has been. The fact that it took four years is obviously shameful because as we all know, spending money guarantees success.

This thread is as woodwardfanesque as anything I've seen for claiming to be "right". The bottom of the barrel must be about three foot above this level.

Don't just "think Liverpool" think context as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Weren't his actual words at the time "this investment is game changing"? Seeing they've put at least £17 m each since it certainly has been. The fact that it took four years is obviously shameful because as we all know, spending money guarantees success.

This thread is as woodwardfanesque as anything I've seen for claiming to be "right". The bottom of the barrel must be about three foot above this level.

Don't just "think Liverpool" think context as well.
    I'm very suprised to see who started this thread Marvin,are you? UTCB

To be honest Rod, Kevin was in the Copthorne the other week wearing a pastel coloured sweater. I've kept quiet about it for a while now but the anger has built and built and I was going to reveal all today, and now someone has stolen my thunder with an old interview.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I'm very suprised to see who started this thread Marvin,are you? UTCB
    When I was but a lad, my dear owd Dad used a little poem to explain the ways of adult relationships to me. It went...

Women they have many faults,
    Men they have but two.
    Everything they say,
    and everything they do.

Do you think Kev only has two faults..?

UTB

United are red, Wendy blue
    I hate Kevin McCabe
    Why don't you?

I like the bloke and thank him for keeping my team afloat and helping CW by funding his new players.

No time expended FKB- it was on a Blades related FB page.

No barrel scraping HC, no need for your ever convoluted interpretations of what was meant by what he said.

For those that bothered to listen McC says, regarding the game changing.

" That comes with the 1st promotion back to the Championship".

Just saying.

By the way, if you listen a bit longer you'll be pleased to be reassured that we are not a selling club..

There's nothing convoluted about my interpretation of your strange continued bunny boiling obsession with criticising McCabe at every single opportunity. As shown by digging up an old interview. For someone as critical towards him, you're incredibly thin skinned when anyone mocks your fixation.

Your continued - actually non stop - barrel scraping is as tiresome as it's childish.

The one trick pony really has been flogged to death.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast