+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Dundee Utd - Scottish Cup - Sunday 11 February

I agree, I'd be more confident with Arnason in for O'Connor, but must be some reason McInnes isn't playing him - it's easy just to say "he doesn't like him", but there's got to be more to it than that. I imagine we might see Arnason in when Shinnie is suspended, with O'Connor moving into holding role. Ball gets about the place and is more mobile than O'Connor but he's equally as useless on the ball from what I've seen. Not seen enough of Nwakali to know whether he's up to the job yet.

I don't understand why McLean is getting such a hard time on this thread - I thought he was very good yesterday and has been consistently for several games.

Woodman had very little to do yesterday but he didn't inspire me with confidence with his kicking (which was suspect at times on his debut as well). Probably not to blame for either goal, although you feel that if Lewis had been playing he would have saved at least one of the two.

Finally... what a difference McGinn is making!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Of course it is mental mason,he is an international defender with 60 odd caps for his country and he cant get into the team because of a defender who struggled to get a game for Burton Albion in League 1.

I would imagine he isn't too happy sitting on the bench for us considering he needs to be playing to guarantee a place in Iceland's World Cup Squad.
    When you see it written down its even more utterly moronic.

McGinn has been superb as he was before he left. It's odd but that spell away and not playing has probably been a blessing in disguise.

McGinn was superb yesterday.
    Bright, fresh and interested.
    (everything he wasn't before he left)

Man of the Match by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    McGinn has been superb as he was before he left. It's odd but that spell away and not playing has probably been a blessing in disguise.
    What happened in Korea? Did he not get any games for that club he signed for?
    Whatever happened out there, he clearly didn't like it, and has come back after a much needed break firing

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m not convinced that McInnes wanted him in the first place.

Arnason is a big classy b’stard with zero respect for the OF. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet
    Amen!!

Was Arnason not the player who said he hated going to Glasgow because he was expected to wear a suit, whereas he didnt anywhere else? If thats true, i can imagine he wouldnt take to kind to our performances down there. Probably has had a few words to see to DM on the matter.

You have to wonder what is wrong, when the likes of Oconner and Considine can keep him out of the team. I actually thought that McKenna and Arnason were a very good pairing when they played together. As you say though, i dont think DM wanted him in the first place, so its no wonder he fins himself on the side lines. I personally dont think you can have someone with his experience just sitting on the bench and i reckon our defence would be better and would benefit from him being in it.

It could be something like him being kept fresh for the run in. He's getting on, it would be very handy having his experience and fresh ish legs in the final bout of games.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    What happened in Korea? Did he not get any games for that club he signed for?
    Whatever happened out there, he clearly didn't like it, and has come back after a much needed break firing
    Only 4 starts

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    It could be something like him being kept fresh for the run in. He's getting on, it would be very handy having his experience and fresh ish legs in the final bout of games.
    Aye. It could be something as simple as this.

Keep him fresh for the big games coming up during the last run in. Nothing malicious in him sitting out what was an expected easy win against united.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718