+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd - Scottish Cup - Sunday 11 February

I enjoyed that yesterday, aye we could've really put them to the sword but took our foot off the gas and gave away 2 cheap goals. Very similar to the last game I was at up at Dingwall the other week where we also let the opposition off with a more flattering score line than it should've been. Daft kick off time though and bloody freezing , even by Pittodrie standards. Similar to DM though, if you'd said before game we'd score 4 and get through then be drawn at home again to a side we have a good record against I'd have taken that. Might get a 3pm Saturday for next round with a bit of luck. 2 tough league fixtures now though and with Shinnie suspended and Christie unavailable against Celtic it's going to be a tough ask, I'll be happy with 4 points from those 2 fixtures.

The Arnesen thing is confusing me. It seemed him and Big Mac (TM you're welcome) were muddling along OK, and O'Connor was doing OK as the sitter in front. But Del sees things different I suppose.
    He seems to really fancy Kenny Mac deep in that "Quarterback" position, but for me, McLean's strength is playing higher, finding pockets in tight areas, creating. I dinna think he's the type of player that can dictate fae that deep.

I'm a big fan of Arnason.
    Obviously I don't know the personalities of the players but the team is weaker without him.

I was just about to do my nut in with McLean poncing around at the back trying to be the "playmaker" when lo and behold he moves further forward and actually looks worth his place.

He scored then disappeared unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The Arnesen thing is confusing me. It seemed him and Big Mac (TM you're welcome) were muddling along OK, and O'Connor was doing OK as the sitter in front. But Del sees things different I suppose.
    He seems to really fancy Kenny Mac deep in that "Quarterback" position, but for me, McLean's strength is playing higher, finding pockets in tight areas, creating. I dinna think he's the type of player that can dictate fae that deep.
    I think McLean was playing further forward earlier in the season, it probably is his best position but that also created a problem as it meant Christie had to play out wide. It seems now McGinn is back McInnes has no option but to play McLean further back if he wants to play him and Christie.

To me this has also contributed in Arnason getting less game time, McInnes has his favorites who play week in week out no matter how they perform and bizarrely O'Conner seems to be one of them this season. As has been pointed out already Arnason has made a few mistakes and gets dropped when he does, yet I wouldn't be surprised if O'Conner doesn't get dropped next week after his error yesterday.

I'd rather have McLean out of position than play O'Connor. Ultimately we are best when we are going forward. We just have to outscore who we play because from the get go.

I don't think Ball is that bad a player either. I'd be happy to sign him full time.

Ball is atrocious.

Hasn't got a f'uckin clue.

It’s mental that Arnason can’t get into the team

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think McLean was playing further forward earlier in the season, it probably is his best position but that also created a problem as it meant Christie had to play out wide. It seems now McGinn is back McInnes has no option but to play McLean further back if he wants to play him and Christie.

To me this has also contributed in Arnason getting less game time, McInnes has his favorites who play week in week out no matter how they perform and bizarrely O'Conner seems to be one of them this season. As has been pointed out already Arnason has made a few mistakes and gets dropped when he does, yet I wouldn't be surprised if O'Conner doesn't get dropped next week after his error yesterday.
    I agree with that.
    I can’t see us winning the “big games” with O’Connor, Considine & Ball all in the team (which I think they all will in next two games)

Of course it is mental mason,he is an international defender with 60 odd caps for his country and he cant get into the team because of a defender who struggled to get a game for Burton Albion in League 1.

I would imagine he isn't too happy sitting on the bench for us considering he needs to be playing to guarantee a place in Iceland's World Cup Squad.

I’m not convinced that McInnes wanted him in the first place.

Arnason is a big classy b’stard with zero respect for the OF. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast