+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baggies Board

Baggies Board

I don't post on their board anymore, but I do have a read. Surprise surprise there isn't any post about us there. They loved hurling abuse at us over the years as we struggled in the Championship. We were the source of great amusment and some of their posters waxed lyrical over our demise. The 5-1 defeat and Chorley, were often high on their agenda.

But now we are having success,- nothing. We have a team that is young, skillful and exciting to watch. We are top of the League and are heading to the Premiership while they are heading for the drop. Part off me wants them to stay up so we can have a local derby, but part off me wants to see them go down.

If they do get relegated, they will find it hard to get back up. Many of their players are at the wrong end of the age group and will not be wanted by Premiership sides, but will still be on high wages. The Championship is a hard place to get out of as teams like Leeds, Sunderland, et al will confirm.

It will take a miracle for them to stay up, needing around seven wins to get to the forty point mark. It may be less this year because there are quite a few teams in danger, but I won't be having a bet on them staying.

Looking at the 8 contenders for relegation, I can find easy arguments for West Ham, Brighton, Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, and Stoke for why they could stay up. Huddersfield, Swansea and West Brom? Not so much. The Baggies want to play a more wide open, attacking style under Pardew. However, their roster is built to bunker. If they stay up, it’ll only be because Sturridge is healthy and scoring goals.

It's always the same with them.
    Very loud when they've won a couple, quiet as a mouse when things aren't going too well and boy, things aren't going to well

Pardew may play more attacking football but when your side contains players well past their best and mostly Championship standard players the type of football played is mostly irrelevant.

Oh well.

This post is not actually about the "Baggies Board", but I didn't think it was worth starting a thread about the Baggies themselves ....

Extract from the BBC Gossip column ...

"West Brom boss Alan Pardew will take his squad to Spain for a warm-weather training camp as they attempt to avoid relegation from the Premier League. (Telegraph)"

Now that's an original idea isn't it ????

Again Baggies related, I just read that they are 35th in the transfer expenditure league, for all clubs world wide, with a total of 115 Million. Hasn't done them much good so far has it?

A post about us has appeared!!! 12 Feb 2012 they inflicted the 5-1 defeat on us at Molineux. Ironic if tonight is the night they end their Premiership stay.

It was six years ago and they still go on about it.

We'll have the watery eyed reminiscence posts from 1979 next when the awful, cruel British weather stopped them winning the league.

Then again, I suppose you have to look to the past when you've got fck all to look forward to.

Like it!

They are not happy bunnies over at Sandwell. Reality is starting to hit home, and some want a mass clear out, starting with the manager. It looks as if the tea lady is the only one not expecting the chop. Some years ago when we were having a struggle and our posters were suffering dogs abuse from the Tesco Bags, I posted on their board "that you should be nice to people on the way down because they may pass you back on the way up"

With three wins all season, they need 6 wins from the remaining eleven to accumulate 38 pts which may just be enough this season. It is still possible, but it is a big ask to win over fifty percent of their remaining games.

Couldn't make it up could you?
    They are calling for Pardew's head after what, ten weeks?
    Some of them are asking for a Jeremy Peace return

Feckin hilarious.

As we are not exactly struggling at the moment the threads about us seem to have dried up.
    Maybe they should start on the Villa again instead.

Oh, wait a minute.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)