+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still scratching my head, 3 days later ,

Still scratching my head, 3 days later ,

I get “I have to look after my Family....” at the end of the day It’s a job and that’s why we all work. To pay for the kids and bills. I can’t blame him for wanting to go to a club that has the better fan base, profile and potential to progress quicker than ours.

I just don’t get how he turned his back on the club in the fashion that he has.
    Some people say “Truth will come out” so if there’s a back story, then let him tell it and we will all understand a bit better.
    Right now it feels as though he has walked out into the middle of the pitch in front of us all and sh!t.
    The disrespect he has shown to the previous owners and fans in signing this contract and then going is saddening.

There will no doubt still be some fools singing his name on Saturday, still “One of our own”

I don’t think so. Not in my eyes. You don’t do that to your own, at least not in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I get “I have to look after my Family....” at the end of the day It’s a job and that’s why we all work. To pay for the kids and bills. I can’t blame him for wanting to go to a club that has the better fan base, profile and potential to progress quicker than ours.

Some people say “Truth will come out” so if there’s a back story, then let him tell it and we will all understand a bit better.
    Right now it feels as though he has walked out into the middle of the pitch in front of us all and sh!t.
    The disrespect he has shown to the previous owners and fans in signing this contract and then going is saddening.

There will no doubt still be some fools singing his name on Saturday, still “One of our own”

I don’t think so. Not in my eyes. You don’t do that to your own, at least not in that way.
    As the song says, "you took the words right out of my mouth". I wanted him out. I won't lie. However, I agree it was a sh1t way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

Good post.
    Feeling the same.
    I’m absolutely flummoxed - which ever way you look at this it just doesn’t make sense.
    If he had got a 3 or 4 years contract it would have made more sense - but he’s got an 18 months contract while standing on a trap door.

All he had to do at Barnsley is prevent relegation and then with the new owners help he could push on from there in the summer.
    I think there was a doubt he would have got the sack even if we were relegated.
    So why throw that security away at the club he loves for a risky 18 months?

There’s something happened here that’s being kept quiet.

That’s unless he has such self belief that he thinks he just can’t fail - where a string of other managers have failed.

I think something quite serious happened quite a few days ago so the switch to Leeds has been on the agenda for a while with Hecky expecting to be sacked so he decides knowing that an offer is on the cards from Leeds to sign a new contract but this time with a release clause
    So his departing has brought BFC a £500000 windfall a sum much in excess of what the club has paid him in all his time here
    Not a bad parting gift eh? & why would he insist on having such a clause
    It's been obvious for a while that the new ownership or at least some of them & the way they work has not sat comfortably with him
    Hecky has always shown great respect for BFC & his leaving in this manner is so out of character from a man we have come to respect so I believe he had to leave & at least we're £500000 better off
    He owes us nothing
    Might be wrong but that's my take on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I think something quite serious happened quite a few days ago so the switch to Leeds has been on the agenda for a while with Hecky expecting to be sacked so he decides knowing that an offer is on the cards from Leeds to sign a new contract but this time with a release clause
    So his departing has brought BFC a £500000 windfall a sum much in excess of what the club has paid him in all his time here
    Not a bad parting gift eh? & why would he insist on having such a clause
    It's been obvious for a while that the new ownership or at least some of them & the way they work has not sat comfortably with him
    Hecky has always shown great respect for BFC & his leaving in this manner is so out of character from a man we have come to respect so I believe he had to leave & at least we're £500000 better off
    He owes us nothing
    Might be wrong but that's my take on the matter
    Like We'll never know but it would be nice to think that.

Unlike the p1ss stains in the gussets of Mary's bloomers it'll all cummart in the wesh.

Summats not been reyt darn theear forra while.

Have been scratching my eead for a week Nar thought ad got nits but if I have they must be Idid under them 3 hairs on top

I can't agree with the idea that he/Hecky owes us nothing.
    He owes us a damn sight more respect for a start, and hes shown absolutely none of that to us this week.
    He owes us gratitude as well for giving him the job and sticking by him for a lot longer than what he deserved, based on those appalling results. Yes some of us had lost faith and patience with him, but we were in the absolute minority after all weren't we.

I think his departure was and still is our best chance of staying up this season and depending on who the new boss is, this could work out in our favour in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I can't agree with the idea that he/Hecky owes us nothing.
    He owes us a damn sight more respect for a start, and hes shown absolutely none of that to us this week.
    He owes us gratitude as well for giving him the job and sticking by him for a lot longer than what he deserved, based on those appalling results. Yes some of us had lost faith and patience with him, but we were in the absolute minority after all weren't we.

I think his departure was and still is our best chance of staying up this season and depending on who the new boss is, this could work out in our favour in the long run.
    If you want respect it's usually a good idea to offer it yourself too .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If you want respect it's usually a good idea to offer it yourself too .
    And I think I and one or two others showed it and supported him for more than long enough.
    And anyway forget about me, do you think hes shown an ounce of it to us this and to those who worshipped him every week ?. No of course he hasn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast