+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hey buc

Hey buc

I've been doing some investigation into where red squirrels are situated in the UK and although they are in decline in some parts of southern Scotland there is a large population of them in Aberdeen, you seen any,do they hang around where you live?

I've given him a heeds up on Mongbook for youse Chalky.

Cheers Griff,I'm hoping that he still lives in the same place thats got the wood at the end of his garden and if there's red squirrels in it then he had better make up the spare bed

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    I've been doing some investigation into where red squirrels are situated in the UK and although they are in decline in some parts of southern Scotland there is a large population of them in Aberdeen, you seen any,do they hang around where you live?

Aye Chalky I've seen them in the forests on the outskirts of the city whilst out running .
    One time when out running I saw one of they traps they use for grey squirrels sadly there was a grey one caught rumbling about in one desperately trying to escape .
    Yes I opened the trap and released the poor thing out to where it belongs didn't want to see it suffering with fear and panick.

Elrick forest and Kirkhill forest both have red squirrels for sure plus many areas around the Cairngorm's.

Not seen red squirrels out my back gate though mate plenty of grey .

Nice to hear from you chalky .

And a thank you to Griff for letting me know.
    Last edited by Disco Buc; 09-02-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Hello Buc,I'm going to give Formby a try around April time and if I have no luck there then I have no other option but to head over the border to see them
    Good on you for releasing that grey squirrel mate,there's no need for traps in today's world,its wrong that we try to dictate what animals can live where,just like badger culling just because to keep the numbers down,its just wrong
    Thanks for the reply Buc,I thought that you was the best person to ask as you being local and an animal lover,luck after yourself mate

Sorry lads but greys carry a disease that kills our indigenous red squirrels. If I see a grey in the Lake District I'd have no hesitation on reporting it (there's a website) in order to protect the reds. Letting them go can do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    Hello Buc,I'm going to give Formby a try around April time and if I have no luck there then I have no other option but to head over the border to see them
    Good on you for releasing that grey squirrel mate,there's no need for traps in today's world,its wrong that we try to dictate what animals can live where,just like badger culling just because to keep the numbers down,its just wrong
    Thanks for the reply Buc,I thought that you was the best person to ask as you being local and an animal lover,luck after yourself mate
    Once you come over into Scotland give me a shout Chalky.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Sorry lads but greys carry a disease that kills our indigenous red squirrels. If I see a grey in the Lake District I'd have no hesitation on reporting it (there's a website) in order to protect the reds. Letting them go can do more harm than good.
    Couldn't help myself Griff as it was Saturday and no one around for miles how long would it have been in panic before someone came Monday maybe .
    For that reason I let it go.
    Humans spread more diseases and kill folk for no reason maybe its us that need to be obliterated Griff .

We have a lot of good but when we are bad we are real bad .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)