+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The lack of ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Pulis wanted to win Chris, in fact NO manager wants to sit back and do nothing. You mention some very good points though regarding injuries. If the board really believed in this club though I am convinced they would have spent big to challenge for the top half ownership. We all know the policy of only going for crocked players or cheap buys. Some signings have been good for sure but if we were prepared to pay big wages if only for a couple of top players it would change the whole dimention of both our Kudos and believability.
    Pulis wanted to win???....do you remember the 4-0 drubbing we got at Spurs hardly a shot in anger and only got to play in the other half of the field after half time.

Pulis totally to blame, negative turgid boring anti football that the fans turned their backs on in droves, a guy who was itching for the sack and a payout, pity we didn't sack the **** earlier, we might have had a chance of staying up. In this day and age Pulis should be nowhere near a professional football team.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Pulis wanted to win???....do you remember the 4-0 drubbing we got at Spurs hardly a shot in anger and only got to play in the other half of the field after half time.
    Yes he did. You can get tactics wrong, and you can get them right as in the good results we got especially first season when we had good results against the so called big boys. Then last season it reversed and we were beating everyone around and below us, something we need now. There isnt a manager in premier league history who didnt want his team to win. You look at the players mid week play your team on saturday but sometimes they dont turn up mentally.

Yes he did. You can get tactics wrong, and you can get them right as in the good results we got especially first season when we had good results against the so called big boys. Then last season it reversed and we were beating everyone around and below us, something we need now. There isnt a manager in premier league history who didnt want his team to win. You look at the players mid week play your team on saturday but sometimes they dont turn up mentally.
    Good Evening Mr Pulis.

The original theme of this post was the lack of ambition by the club. The reply to this is a definite yes! You can cite the transfer policy, recruitment of head coaches, lack of ambition by owners and board, the lack of stadium development, the style of play over the last few seasons, they've all left us in this difficult situation. I've never wanted us to overspend in the transfer market, play 'gung ho' football, etc. However, what I did want was the club to move forward, but in a controlled manner. What we've done is stand still and if you stand still you don't progress, in fact you end up going backwards. This is what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I fully agree that Pulis style is out and hard to watch, I want to emphasise what I said about 'getting the balance right between attack and defence'.

However, I'm still happy for us win ugly if we have to. I'd have taken an ugly 1-0 win on Saturday over what actually happened.
    The Pulis style was hard to watch but even though the football is a tad prettier and the hot dogs may be a bit fresher, Pardew has not done any better with points on the table. Pardew could have brought in replacements or demanded them last week, but in comes an injured croc and out goes a promising kid so once again more money in the bank coming in than going out.

Pulis should have gone at the end of last season if we wanted rid, but we again have showed our ambition - with a worse manager but hey - he's a decent guy!

I am glad Pulis has gone too but it's not Pulis of late, who has not collected eough points, or Pulis who keeps playing Rondon, or Pulis who dropped Jay R on Saturday, or Pulis who played key players against City then whinged the players were not fresh.

So the blame now is Pardew or the Board or both in my opinion! Of course Pardew will stay in the championship as he won't get a better side than us, that's why he was not wanted before we showed our usual ambition - zero!

No he didn't. He NEVER entered a game of football with the desire to win. I Repeat NEVER. His only goal was entering games not to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Three Villa games. bloody embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The Pulis style was hard to watch but even though the football is a tad prettier and the hot dogs may be a bit fresher, Pardew has not done any better with points on the table. Pardew could have brought in replacements or demanded them last week, but in comes an injured croc and out goes a promising kid so once again more money in the bank coming in than going out.

Pulis should have gone at the end of last season if we wanted rid, but we again have showed our ambition - with a worse manager but hey - he's a decent guy!

I am glad Pulis has gone too but it's not Pulis of late, who has not collected eough points, or Pulis who keeps playing Rondon, or Pulis who dropped Jay R on Saturday, or Pulis who played key players against City then whinged the players were not fresh.

So the blame now is Pardew or the Board or both in my opinion! Of course Pardew will stay in the championship as he won't get a better side than us, that's why he was not wanted before we showed our usual ambition - zero!
    How many more times are you going to post the same thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    How many more times are you going to post the same thing ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)