+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hecky says ...... "So Barnsley are the winners out of it."

Now I’m intrigued with the cryptic clue of ‘hold that thought on about it all in the job title’ I’ve signed a nda so you can tell me 😉
    An away kit picture or in GGs language - kit d'éloignement! That’s some error! And who wants a picture of out away kit via fax or email at 11pm?! Wtf

All things considered. None of the above made Hecky play Mowatt and Potts on the wings and Hammill on the bench away at Bristol City. Nor did it make him drop Barnes and Bradshaw for the Cardiff City game. Go 4-5-1 at home to QPR and drop the in form Mallan for QPR away and leave Mcburnie on the bench. I could find countless more examples. Thiam being subbed instead of Bradshaw against Reading.

I get why he left and can't really argue against the politics. He might av' been a great coach. However, in my view he was a terrible tactician, didn't know his best team and I'm glad he's gone. I apologise for my view but I stand by that.

That doesnt mean the results look any better on paper Ponty of course, in fact they look worse the more you or I study them and it doesnt change my mind about some of the pointless looking changes he made to the squad and the formation. And some of the players hes played and in wrong positions isnt really forgiveable, but its still a pathetic state of affairs if he or any coach has to have such restrictions put on him. He has my sympathy to be honest and Id have walked long before now, like I say if its true.

And what role if any did he have in some or even in all of our player signings from last summer onwards ?. I thought we were getting somewhere with Moncur & Mowatt together, however he or somebody else gave favour to yet another loan, Matty James in this case and Mowatt probably wont kick a ball for us again.
    Last edited by Acido; 08-02-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That just takes the cake that does, so it was our fault all along over the Ollie Mac thing was it. Just who the heck is pulling the strings then, if all this is true then Im shocked Hecky didnt leave for one of those earlier offers.

Its interesting you say that Animal and like I say if all these things are true then its kind of opening my eyes a bit more as to what a farce of a job Hecky has had to put up with. Im shocked to be honest and I have to hold my hands up a bit in fairness in favour of him don't I.
    2 wins is it in 20 games acido and he gets one of the biggest jobs in the championship .

Didn't add up did it but obviously they know what he had to manage every day here .

Not saying he's going to be a success but pleased he's got the opportunity .

I'd just like to draw a line under it now to be honest like you say they must av' seen sumat in him mate.

Tha couldn't mek it up! ffs that Mcburnie c0ck up takes the biscuit. Folk banging on abart Heckys loyalty. He should o resigned in summer for me wi that shower o ****e they gave him to work with. Its a miracle he stayed on as long as he did with these numpties trying to dictate things. Fek me they could mek a Mike Bassett style film abart this circus.

Its disgraceful isnt it Pass and its kind of shocked me tonigt when reading into it a bit a little more. And I said the same actually, we've always blamed Swansea havent we over the McBurney thing, and now we're told it was our screw up after all!!.
    I probably wouldnt have stayed as long as what Hecky did if I was having to work under such ridiculous restrictions, so Id genuinely love to know some anwers now.

Like who are the stuffed suits who are to blame for this nonsense, what exactly do they know about the game of footy, a game which is changing for the worse every year it seems.

It certainly doesn't fill you with confidence does it Acido. The system our football club seems to be employing is like playing a football manager computer game on the Xbox. They could turn around in fairness and point to the Hammill signing as a success story but let's face it, with this system in place we're only heading one way.

Message to the BFC hierarchy.
    Get the professionals in and let them do their job please before this ends in disaster.

All the lads who have left the club clearly wanted to leave too , they aren't chained to Hecky and have minds of their own .

They were clearly all pyssed off too , it doesn't bode well going forward .

TGTBT

No confidence whatsoever Pass, and soz if Im going off on one here, Im genuinely angry to be honest and thats what the ranting is all about from me tonight.

And to that fan oohh Gerry Gerry, Im genuinely interested to read any of your future comments on here, especially IF you can keep us up to date a little bit more on things mate. Why for example are we as fans the last to be told on important issues, like these constant 'undisclosed' transfer fee sales. Know what I mean ?.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast