+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So if we get relegated

So if we get relegated

Who's not going back.

Not me for one, my Son makes two. I genuinely don't give a 5h1t if we bounce back and forth as long as we enjoy ourselves in the process.

I'm done regardless, I'm not enjoying being part of a backdrop for the biggest advertising board in sporting retail history!

I've managed to put up with 11yrs of the parasite since he stole my shares.....

..... no more until he's gone.

I have 6 more home games!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I'm done regardless, I'm not enjoying being part of a backdrop for the biggest advertising board in sporting retail history!

Good on you Mick it’s the only way to rid the club of the cancer that grips it

Poorly worded thread. Apologies for that.

I'll continue to go until I can't afford it or i drop down dead. No matter who's in charge, in whatever league, I will still go to watch them play football.

And it's not in the hopes of us winning something, I just love going.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post

what a plastic escuse
    so northern rock that ruined many lives was ok

betting websites that cause so much misery are ok

what a phecking sheep you sound like

blaming everyone and everything

maybe iys just because you just dont want to admit the footy under rafa is dire

your beginning to sound like a nupyty that has a good meal but says he didnt enjoy it as the paint on the toilet walls was flaking
    or the chef once knobbed your missus

yu go to games to support the lads on the pitch

or real fans do any way

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Poorly worded thread. Apologies for that.

I'll continue to go until I can't afford it or i drop down dead. No matter who's in charge, in whatever league, I will still go to watch them play football.

And it's not in the hopes of us winning something, I just love going.
    a realfan well done

Nope, wont be going back if we go down. Its the only way fans can show their disgust at the way our club has been run by the owner. Ive had a season ticket for the last 28 yrs and supported them for god knows how many yrs before that,but sometimes you have to make a stand against things you disagree with and that's relative for everything, not just football. It will hurt, and I will miss the match day feeling, that's for sure, but I see it as short term pain, for long term gain.Thats my position anyway, feel free to agree,disagree.

I must admit.....

..... I almost bit.

Anyone that chooses not to go back is well within their rights but don't make excuses about an owner if you once went under other ownerships that was far worse than what you're dealing with today, as bad as some seasons are.

Also we need to tell all the rest of the entire leagues that are not premier league to pack in going as well because surely they don't deserve to be in their positions....especially the bigger clubs like ourselves.
    You know, like Aston Villa and Sheff Utd, plus Leeds and Sheff wed and Bolton and.....well you get the picture.

So, although this seems like a little mild elbow dig at fans...it is in a way but a genuine nudge in terms of taking your stance and just go with the flow of your life, whether you jack it in for one season or until Ashley goes or until it all suits you.

If you watch it on TV you're still paying.
    If you choose to listen to the radio commentary then you're still a fan.

Either way the club runs and you're still a fan whether you go or sit in the pub or listen to the radio or shout over at your work place for the updated score.

You'll never beat the atmosphere of going though and the feeling of it all, win lose or draw. Good bad and the ugly.

The thing is an empty stadium is the end of the football club, regardless of who's tenure it is.
    Until that happens there will always be fans who go.

Those fans will always be known as the genuine die hard fans. Every club has them and it will always be the same.
    That doesn't make anyone any less of a fan who decide to be fan outside of the stadium.
    All fans can't all go all of the time.

Any fan that decides to wash their hands of the club to do other things and decides to be a fan again when the weather is fair to good.....IS A PLASTIC fan and Man city and co have thousands upon thousands of them.

Now when you're getting fans of clubs like, say, Tranmere rovers who are averaging crowds of over 5,000 in the non-league you wonder what makes them turn up in their droves for a non-league set of fixtures and yet premier league clubs fans decide to want to walk away if the club teeters on the edge of relegation......YET........YET.......those very same fans would take their time to turn up with a screaming voice on a last day relegation cruncher and would literally stand proud in the stadium if relegation was avoided.....as if a cup had been won.

YET......YET....the same fan would give up their season ticket in disgust if that very same game did not produce the relegation avoidance.

We're all a fickle bunch and I include myself in all this. I'm not innocent of rash decisions and sayings.
    So anyone thinking I'm having a dig, just remember the digs are also aimed at myself.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 09-02-2018 at 11:36 AM.

If we get relegated, there won't be any bounce back up immediately.

the championship is only fun because we can and do win a fair few games. - once we start losing more than we win - it won't be fun anymore..... in fact it will be just like now. we will end up getting relegated again - maybe 1st season maybe not but it will happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)